Toxicity question about stickers in my enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonym

Hi guys,
I am building an oak enclosure for my bearded dragon. I painted the interior with low VOC white paint and I will use a water based clear.

I'd like to put some dinosaur stickers inside that I saw on Amazon. I'm concerned about the toxicity. I was wondering if anyone ever did that. I really want to clear coat over them. Any feed back on that?

One other question. Do you think that these stickers will freak out my bearded dragon?

I did ask this question on Amazon. Haven't received an answer yet. I thought that this forum would probably come up with a better answer.

Thanks, Tony

Tonym

Original Poster
UPDATE:

I heard back from the seller at Amazon:

"Hi there,
Thank you so much for your question. RoomMates wall decals are non-toxic and free of harmful chemicals like phthalates and lead. They are fully CPSIA-compliant, and have undergone many rigorous safety and flammability tests."

They also suggested not to put them where any animals or children can ingest them.

They said they are 0.2 inches high (I guess that means thickness) so I will clear coat over them.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Also keep in mind that dragons have a natural instinct to be very cautious around things they see as predators. These stickers could cause some issues in the short run but, do you really want to put him through it? I wouldn't put my dragon through it!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A good alternative that he might enjoy a background made of a photo depicting his natural habitat.

Tonym

Original Poster
Thank you guys for your input. I've scrapped the idea of stickers. The enclosure she's in now is an exo-terra 36" x 18" x 18". I've got a beautiful dessert scene that is taped on from the outside. I would love to have something like that in her new enclosure, but of course, it would need to be installed inside the new wooden enclosure.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's how I have mine set up. Same tank too. Inside the enclosure i'd use a print on glossy paper or get it laminated so it doesn't get ruined if it gets wet or messy. Or maybe put it on and then screw a clear backsplash over it or something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom