8 year old throwing up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Okay, so Kyle is my 8 year old bearded dragon. He gets six dubia the size of the space between his eyes twice a week. (Tuesday and Thursday).
But every time I feed him, he always throws up two of them. Always only two.
His basking spot is 95 degrees, cool side 75, measured with a infrared temperature gun. (he tends to not leave his warm side).
I have a Zilla UVB tube, I think it's a 10.0, and it's about 15 inches away from him, and about 4 months old.
Could it be six is just too many for him at this age? Should I cut out two from his diet and see if that helps?
His dubia and his greens are dusted with a calcium/multivitamin supplement four/five days of the week (because of a case of MBD that he's had since he was little, I try to keep up on the calcium). I use an eyedropper to give him water every Tuesday and Thursday.
His poop is normal, urates are pearly white. The only issue with his behavior I've noted is that he won't touch his greens unless I cut back on dubia for the week. But he still snatches up dubia like they're going out of style, so his appetite is fantastic.
I'm hoping someone can help me.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Is your UV a t5 or t8? If it is a t8, it is much to far for him to benefit from. It needs to be 6-8"

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Cut it back by 2 bugs per feed, and maybe add a day when he gets his bugs , so he gets his quota.'

My 4 year gets old gets up to 10 medium crickets per day. I add a few superworms a couple times a week, her treat.
At the moment she's keener on her bugs than her greens and veg.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
candacewhite":3dg594d7 said:
Hi! Okay, so Kyle is my 8 year old bearded dragon. He gets six dubia the size of the space between his eyes twice a week. (Tuesday and Thursday).
But every time I feed him, he always throws up two of them. Always only two.
His basking spot is 95 degrees <<< a tad cool , can you bump it up to about 100 degrees (F) ?, cool side 75, measured with a infrared temperature gun. (he tends to not leave his warm side).
I have a Zilla UVB tube, I think it's a 10.0, and it's about 15 inches away from him, and about 4 months old. <<< T5 or T8 ? if a T8 it needs to much closer .... maybe 8 inches.
Could it be six is just too many for him at this age? Should I cut out two from his diet and see if that helps?
His dubia and his greens are dusted with a calcium/multivitamin supplement four/five days of the week (because of a case of MBD that he's had since he was little, I try to keep up on the calcium). I use an eyedropper to give him water every Tuesday and Thursday.
His poop is normal, urates are pearly white. The only issue with his behavior I've noted is that he won't touch his greens unless I cut back on dubia for the week. But he still snatches up dubia like they're going out of style, so his appetite is fantastic.
I'm hoping someone can help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom