How to tell if a dragon is too thin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varalidaine

Juvie Member
Oh that's excellent! Probiotics will definitely be wonderful since meds are so harsh on their little systems. Have you tried mixing his meds with something yummy like Pangea or even some applesauce? Should help him take it more easily.

Spyrosmom

Original Poster
Varalidaine":39mqjssb said:
Oh that's excellent! Probiotics will definitely be wonderful since meds are so harsh on their little systems. Have you tried mixing his meds with something yummy like Pangea or even some applesauce? Should help him take it more easily.
I have not! Hmmm. I've just been syringe feeding him. But it smells and tastes like banana (I didn't taste it that's just what they told me) and he still doesn't like it so I'm not sure it would work. Plus I'm scared because he's never been highly food driven unless it's live food, so I don't think he'd eat it all. I'm just wondering if I could leave him in his tank for now, then just take him out for the last 3 treatments because he's been in the small tank for approximately 45 minutes and already hates it lol

Varalidaine

Juvie Member
He can stay in his larger tank as long as you sanitize properly and set it up so it's easy to clean. Keep him on tile, non-stick shelf liner, paper towel, etc. And then just a few rocks/branches/resin decor. Items that are easy to bake to sanitize when he poops. No reason he can't be in his familiar home! You just don't want to use a loose substrate, even after he's better, as he'll just eventually get reinfected again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom