Housing beardies together??

Status
Not open for further replies.

zillathakilla

Juvie Member
My brother is considering getting a bearded dragon, and we have a 110 gallon display case that i will be moving zilla into soon, Zilla is 4 months old,12 inches long.Would it be a good idea to put a baby beardie in with zilla?he also might purchase a 6 month old female beardie so we could breed them,obviously there too young to breed, but would it be okay to put them in the same cage?

Thanks,myles.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
It is absolutely not okay. Beardies can be VERY territorial. I have seen dragons eat younger dragons where it was fatal for both. I also just recently saw a very young tiny dragon who was accidentally bred by being housed with another, which is incredibly dangerous for small beardies. Additionally, I have seen many cases of limbs and tails being chewed off and many smaller injuries.

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Hello, I also agree with saying it is a bad idea. However, you could separate the two sides since it's 110 gallons :shock:. That way each beardie has a ton of space and won't have any risks involved. If you wanna go for a second beardie I say do it, just don't house them together. :) hope this helps.

zillathakilla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
what if he were to get the beardie thats only a month older,theyd be same size and opposite sexs?i see lots of people that have 2 beardies together though!

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
There are people who do it, but things can change without any notice. In other words your beardies can seem perfectly content one day, then kill each other the next. I am not exaggerating, I have seen it happen on the boards. I personally do not think it is worth the risk.

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
No problem, thats fine though. I'm sure your little guy will love the space and attention :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKFA
Top Bottom