Egg Behavior w/o Eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAnaBooo

Hatchling Member
Hi. My beardie has laid eggs for the past 3 months, once a month. It's around the time she would supposedly lay again but I think she's done for now. I weighed her and she was 484g - after eggs she would drop to 450 ish, and right before eggs she was 522. So she is generally fine by her weight. I also felt her stomach and it was incredibly empty - she has no eggs at all.

The problem is, she's going through all the behavior as if she were going to. Is this possible? Does she think she's going to lay even when she doesn't have any?

Small poops, glass surfing, leaky, won't eat as much, and she started digging last night and today. Everything else seems to be fine in her enclosure, same as normal.

xAnaBooo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
funnily enough, she laid eggs a day or two after i made this post.
they were smaller than normal so that's why they were light weight and i couldn't feel anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom