Free roaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, I have been letting my beardie out in my office everyday while I work for about 1-2 hours for exercise. He runs around exploring pretty much the whole time. Sometimes I catch him taking a nap in a dark corner as well. I've checked that there isn't really anything he can get into and even put those outlet covers on any outlets he could reach. How long is it okay to let him roam? I put a lamp on the floor so he can get under the light to warm up if he wants but he is away from his UVB. He seems to enjoy it and he doesn't darken up or look stressed.

Thank you

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
There's at least one other person on here who's beardie free-ranges all the time--a whole room is his. They'll do fine at room temperatures & little/no UVB for a day--or even days in some cases (not that it's recommended. If he's out for the day though, I'd at least want to give him the basking options of both heat & UVB.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I let my guy roam freely whenever I'm home. He loves it. I have a couple of plain basking lights set up for him to warm up under. I also have a couple of mercury vapor bulbs set up for him to get UVB if he wants it. If he's just in one room, maybe a single basking bulb on one side and then a 100w PowerSun (at around 12-14'' up) on another area would do the trick. You can let him roam around all day with that set up if you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom