Beardie hates terrarium upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nik6ix

My beardie Mushu is roughly around a year I’ve had him since he was roughly 5months - since 6/6&half months he’s been in a standard 40gallon terrarium generally he’s very laid back loves basking & hanging in his hammock while watching tv. as of Thursday(Dec19) I upgraded his tank to an Exo Terra 36x18x18=50gallons - added some new accessories as well as keeping some old. But I don’t think he likes it very much. Since Thursday night he’s been heavily glass surfing - climbing the back wall - scratching the right corner of his new mat (changed from a regular mat to a exo terra sand mat) when taken out he’s heavily more active in running around my bedroom as well as head bobbing. late Thursday night hes had watery poop - diet or appetite have not changed an temperatures are correct on both sides - any suggestions on what I can do?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Your dragon is going through what we call relocation stress. It will take him some time to get used to his new surroundings. Sometimes it takes a couple of weeks for some and, other it only take a few days, be patient, he'll pull out of it.

Nik6ix

Original Poster
Gormagon":gvnlw4fd said:
Your dragon is going through what we call relocation stress. It will take him some time to get used to his new surroundings. Sometimes it takes a couple of weeks for some and, other it only take a few days, be patient, he'll pull out of it.
thank-you I had a feeling it was this but didn’t think it was actually this bad - I left the room for about an hour to do some house work I came back and he completely tore almost everything apart. Half the hammock was taken down, food thrown everywhere etc - he seems to be a bit settled now watching a movie so I hope it’s soon than later

Nik6ix

Original Poster
Linzloohoo":2y8vuqmz said:
I think a year is when they also go through puberty, so that plus the relocation could be the culprit
What can I expect with him going through puberty?

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
I believe what you are seeing now. Running around like crazy. Glass surfing. Digging. Head bobbing. Just going crazy in general lol.

Nik6ix

Original Poster
Linzloohoo":3bbp82mb said:
I believe what you are seeing now. Running around like crazy. Glass surfing. Digging. Head bobbing. Just going crazy in general lol.
LOL great just in time for the holidays - I’m suppose to be bringing him to my parents place for Christmas (they love Mushu) they are going to think he’s nuts now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom