HELP: Rescued dragon scared of me and won't eat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallumW94

Hi my name is Callum. I recently rescued a three year old female dragon about 4 days ago.

She came in very poor conditions the Viv she came in was 3.5x1.6x1.6(feet) no thermostat and rabbit hutch bedding for substrate.

I have installed a thermostat, replaced the substrate with beardie life sand, will be upgrading her to a 5x2x2 (feet) Viv next week so she has much more room, which also comes with a 48 inch T5 UV bulb.

Currently she's still very scared of me. She stays very still when I'm in the room watching me with her eyes. When I go into her Viv to give her food most of the time she closes her eyes or she makes these gulping motions with her beard which I assume means back off.

So far I've managed to feed her three calcium dusted locusts and some calcium dusted kale but she's just not taking much food because I think she's so scared.

I have her booked in for a check up with an expert in bearded dragons in a months time.

I'm just worried because she's not eating properly.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post pics of tank set up -- she probably has relocation stress -- I would recommend getting rid of the sand substrate--- your better off going w/ something she cant ingest like non adhesive shelf liner or slated ceramic tile -- you would want to put the tile in her permanent enclosure tho--- both can be purchased at Home Depot or Lowes and are cheap- cleaning is a breeze w/ vinegar / water in a spray bottle 50/50 -- lighting is going to have a huge roll in her over all health -- is the UVB a Reptisun? What size bulb a 10.0? You need to get basking temps w/ a Infrared heat gun also purchased at Home Depot Walmart or Lowes and they are around $10 or so-- they give the most accurate temps- her temps for basking should be around 95-105 or so -- The gulping motions I am not sure exactly what that is -- our first dragon did the same thing and I dont think it means back off -- I would hold off on vet visit -- she needs to have time to relax before you take her to the vet -- thats just gonna put more stress on her I would give it a few weeks and then take her in -- in the mean time you need to get her basking and UVB lighting in order and go from there -- and please change out the sand--
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom