STILL doesn't like to be held

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bcarlson88

So my guy(Leviathan) is 2, I've had him for a year. He has always been hard to handle, he use to puff up and scratch me hiss you name it. But i held him every day after he fell asleep. So we were getting to a good point and he let me hold him daily. Six months ago we moved, it was an 8 hour drive and now we are back to hissing...Levi has never bitten me and the only time he's ever shown true aggression is when i took him outside and he lost it over the shadows of the trees. Anyways i want to be able to take him out every day again, he's just not getting use to it.

I have a few questions before I can give you a sure answer.
1): Was he asleep during the ride?
2): How did you transport him with you when moving to the new place?
3): Did you change anything in his tank? Or got him a new tank?
4): When was the last time you touched him without hissing or puffing?

No animal really likes being plopped in a new environment with no warning or anything. Imagine you go to sleep and wake up to living in a different house.
Lemme know,
~Grace

Bcarlson88

Original Poster
He was asleep when we left, when he woke up i put him on a blanket on the seat, he loves car rides and watching out the window. I set his tank up exactly the same but the placement of the tank is angled different. No new tank, i did change from dirt to carpet though. He eats great, gained weight and inches since we moved, but he's also shed full body over the course of being here(took nearly 4 months). He doesn't puff or hiss when i take him out of the bath, so 2 days ago.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom