New beardie not eating for 2 days and has stress marks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragun

I just got a new juvenile bearded dragon, May 3rd. He was hatched on 12-10-17, and he ate very well for the first couple of days. But for the last two he hasn’t ate! I give him his salad in the morning, and his insects (crickets w/ supplement and a wax worm for a treat) at night. I only handle him when necessary, like feeding and baths (he’s had two). His basking temps are 100-110ish, since he has a large range, and the bulb is a SolarGlo 80 watt, this is for his UVB AND HEAT (is that enough UV??...) recently he has stress marks, and I’m just worried ab my new baby beardie... how do I de stress him and help him eat? What’s wrong?? ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes it can take a bit for them to settle in so this isn't unusual. Keep offering food and developing a routine and eventually he should get more comfortable. How far is your Solar Glo from the basking area? The basking temperature is good but the combination lights need to be set at a distance based on UVB output which is around 8-10'' for that bulb I believe.

Dragun

Original Poster
We just had to switch the light out so now we just have a basking one in now. He’s been closing his eyes since I got home and will barely open them... any help on that?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is he getting UVB light? You'll need basking and UVB lighting for him. If you take him outside in the natural sun or bring him out of the tank does he perk up?

Dragun

Original Poster
I just got him last week, and I don’t want to stress him out more than he already is. We are about to put in a Reptisun 10.0 UVB bulb. I’m just worried he has an eye infection.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
An eye infection will usually show as swelling or crustiness around the eye. Do you see signs of that? If so then a test should be done on the eye to determine what the source of the infection is so it can be treated efficiently. If it's just being closed that's not necessarily a problem.

Dragun

Original Poster
He is just keeping them closed all day, when he opens them and potentially sees a cricket or worm he will eat but other than that he is very lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom