Won't Let Me Near Him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finley is refusing to let me touch him (calling it a him until I know). He is about 6 months old. He just went through two phases of shedding in one month period about two weeks ago. And ever since that started he won't let me near him. Yesterday as I was giving him a bath due to his pooping habits, he bit me for the first time ever. What do I do!?

Poopdog

My 3 month old has been shedding literally every week since we brought him home at 8 weeks (first head, then, tail, then body each week in a cycle), and he is super irritated for the entire week that he is getting ready for and going through his body shed. For the first time tonight he bearded the f*ck out on me when I opened his cage door to feed him. They grow FAST and that probably makes their sheds even more uncomfortable. My dude Elliot is growing 3/4" and 10g a week!

I think it's all totally normal b/c he's fine to have a romp around the house or my back when he's not shedding. Just give your kid space until the shed is done for a couple days after and then resume some gentle pets inside the cage to earn the trust back. Best to leave them alone while they're shedding from what I've read.

Side note: if you have to bathe your kid due to pooping habits regularly then I might examine what you're feeding him. They should poop a solid 1-2/daily if they're eating enough food they can digest and staying hydrated...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom