How do i fix my relation ship with my beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymond

My dragon doesn't want anything to do with me since the day my dog ran into my room scaring my dragon so much that it flared up. My dragon used to run into my hand when i put my hand in the cage and now she only runs away and has even tried to bite me. I don't want to force in my hand because then she freaks out even more. Can some one please help!!!!!!!

Mysty

Juvie Member
As there's no councelling options for human-beardie relationships...

Things may nayurally improve in time as beardie stops associating you with that negative dog incident. The following may help.

1. Try not to smell of the dog. Change clothes, wash hands etc before attempting to handle.

2. You could try handling in the evening when more relaxed if you're worried about aggression.

3. Keep being present. Let beardie see you bringing tasty food and hopefully associate you with positive things and not that bad experience.

Hope that things improve in time. If the dog is kept away they likely will.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's good advice given. Dragons tend to be pretty forgiving so I would just be patient. If everything else is good she should be back to her old self pretty soon and all will be forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom