Charmander's Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, we've had our boy just over a month now.

I haven't been very active, more of a lurker in that month. I still wanted to update any interested parties on how he's doing! He is a big eater, but so picky... He prefers dubia almost exclusively, crickets still make him skittish. He refuses his salads and fruits daily, but I continue trying. He did eat a couple blueberries last week. BSFL were not a favorite at all as much as I'd hoped.

He is full of personality and gets super moody if he doesn't get time with us each day. He knows his name and "food" and "hungry". He will come up to the glass when he knows it's meal time or he wants out.

He's also an absolute unit. He's grown so much and is now about 13.5" at 3 months old. He has constantly been in shed, at least some portion of his body. Right now it's legs again.

Photos for comparison.

Last month:
104651-4880077629.jpg

This month: (ignore the dirty cage and poor lighting, this was right before cleaning)
104651-9471552809.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
LMG07":vqpqa1so said:
Oh, and I meant to ask how the girls are both doing?!

Definitely not growing like Char is lol! But, they are growing. I think today is the day I am supposed to weigh them up (doing it once a month) so I'll see how much change in a month. I'm not expecting too much. They have both shed once or twice this month, but it just seems that haven't grown as much as I originally expected.

Then again, I'm also usually only giving them 1 feeder meal per day. Maybe 2 days a week they will get 2. But they both are eating their salads good. It's usually a good salad in the morning, which gets eaten by the time I get home, and their feeders at night.

Suki seems to be a bit of a bully also. I had them out together and out of no where, suki lunged at Mei's face. She didn't actually bite her, but it was scary for me LOL. And then just a few days ago, I put them both in the bath together, under close watch, and once Mei got close enough, Suki did the typical inflated body, tilted and arched towards her with beard puffed out. So much for being shipped in the same box LOL.

-Brandon

LMG07

Original Poster
Yeah, his head has shed twice this month and is about to again.

And I know what you meet about the flaky sheds. Char rubs on everything and scratches it off in the smallest pieces because he won't just let it happen.

LMG07

Original Poster
claudiusx":36mue6uj said:
LMG07":36mue6uj said:
Oh, and I meant to ask how the girls are both doing?!

Definitely not growing like Char is lol! But, they are growing. I think today is the day I am supposed to weigh them up (doing it once a month) so I'll see how much change in a month. I'm not expecting too much. They have both shed once or twice this month, but it just seems that haven't grown as much as I originally expected.

Then again, I'm also usually only giving them 1 feeder meal per day. Maybe 2 days a week they will get 2. But they both are eating their salads good. It's usually a good salad in the morning, which gets eaten by the time I get home, and their feeders at night.

Suki seems to be a bit of a bully also. I had them out together and out of no where, suki lunged at Mei's face. She didn't actually bite her, but it was scary for me LOL. And then just a few days ago, I put them both in the bath together, under close watch, and once Mei got close enough, Suki did the typical inflated body, tilted and arched towards her with beard puffed out. So much for being shipped in the same box LOL.

-Brandon

Oh wow, I'd hoped they'd remain friendly for you since they were so close in age.

I've actually backed off of chair's feeders to once (occasionally twice) a day as well. Trying to encourage him to eat salads.

He just eats a lot of feeders in those feedings mostly.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah, Suki will eat quite a bit of feeders, and eventually eat her salad (she always eats most of it) But Mei will dive at her salad the second I put it in there. She doesn't eat her insects as enthusiastically as Suki does. Which is probably why there is starting to become a slight size difference.

Yeah it really surprised me when it happened. Especially since in the beginning I kept them in the same tank for a few days, and it even looked like they were taking care of each other and giving eachother comfort lol.

But after a few weeks I had noticed that it seemed Mei was trying to hide too much. Their tanks are side by side, and so are their basking spots, so they had good visuals on eachother. I kind of came to the conclusion that Mei was feeling a bit intimidated, so I blocked off their views of each other. Didn't seem to bother Suki in the least bit. But Moro is a little annoyed that she can only see 1 of them now lol. It's still Moro's favorite spot, the little cave under her basking spot where she can just barely see Suki out of the corner of her glass lol.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom