CLEANING DAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today I went to work this morning at 6am only to find out I read the schedule wrong and I'm closing not opening.... SO I went home and decided today was the day to clean Rangers cage.

First I tossed the repticarpet out. Then I washed all the bowls (his water dish is setting in vinegar water to remove the hard water ring. He loves his water dish to dip his feet and occasionally drink.) I water cloth wiped down all the sides of the tank. (he likes to climb the walls on occasion)
Then I used dollar store shelf liner on the bottom of the tank. It gives it the look of real sand without the dangers of sand. He seems to approve. It's not 100% flawless lol but I figure the crinkles will give him some traction lol

I'm still on the hunt for dandelion but with all this rain the farmers are having trouble growing them. So I've put him back on a bug diet. He loves wax worms and supers. I'd rather put him back on bugs and dust (vitamin & calcium dust) than keep buying greens he won't even look at.... Spoiled brat is just like a child. You take them out to eat and still end up buying chicken nuggets or mac n cheese because they won't eat what you put in front of them. But I love him.

92959-9065445107.jpg

92959-355983745.jpg

92959-7316085612.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sure he appreciates the nice shiny clean tank =). I would go easy on the supers and wax worms. If he is craving bugs then I'd stick with roaches, silk worms, horn worms, and black soldier fly larvae as they are healthier options. I'd still work on getting that down to once or twice per week though. He may just be getting stubborn and holding out for bugs in favor of the salads. It may take some patience and tough love to get him to dig in but the veges are healthier for adults than lots of bugs.

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":5vuzanaw said:
I'm sure he appreciates the nice shiny clean tank =). I would go easy on the supers and wax worms. If he is craving bugs then I'd stick with roaches, silk worms, horn worms, and black soldier fly larvae as they are healthier options. I'd still work on getting that down to once or twice per week though. He may just be getting stubborn and holding out for bugs in favor of the salads. It may take some patience and tough love to get him to dig in but the veges are healthier for adults than lots of bugs.

lol this is a roach free house. My mother sees a wood roach and nearly has a heart attack. Is the horn on horn worms sharp or soft?? I just got him eating salads again!! I bought the bag of field greens from the grocery store yesterday and he ate almost all of it today... it has escerol, romaine, and carrots. I got up turned on his morning lights he emerged from his cave and I scooted him to the bowl.... I wasn't expecting much but he ATE THE ENTIRE THING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom