Finally got warm enough to get them outside today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we took our three beardies outside today for the first time! Two of them just sat and soaked up the sunshine, however the third went batshit crazy, bit my son, lept from his arms and hit the ground running! Led us on a foot race across the back yard and took up a defensive position at the base of a giant oak. Thankfully she didn't climb! She's back inside now mellow as ever. We're going to have to acclimate a little slower than I thought with that one! I had read that they can be a little sketchy the first time out, but truly wasn't prepared for this. Hopefully she comes around, we're looking forward to letting them enjoy some real sunshine and fresh air!

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
She thought you were gonna hurt the tree so she was defending it, lol!

Actually being outside in a huge new world can be very frightening to some dragons. She was probably just scared, she might take a while. Just watch for birds of prey like hawks,owls and, falcons!!! They will take a dragon in a heartbeat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom