Kuro's story [READ THIS BEFORE BUYING FROM A DEALER]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided I would tell you about Kuro and how I came to own him.
I got Kuro from someone who attempted to call themselves
a very experienced breeder.
I went over looking to buy a similar one to him but when I got there I fell in love with Kuro as the breeder was neglecting him, the one i had been wanting did not exist and the only one he had was Kuro. He didn't have a proper vivarium, he had a kitchen cupboard and the corners were mouldy. He had a bowl of *Dead* crickets covered in dust as if they hadn't been eaten for weeks, Kuro had multiple patches of shed, layers upon layers of it, he was covered in stress marks and he was so skinny and malnourished i could see outlines of things,He was only 6 inches when, His eyes were very sunken and he was dusty as he had no sand or anything, The 'heating' in there was a hot water bottle _which was *cold* as ice.
I was very worried about him and since I had a top of the range vivarium at home all set up I bought him from the 'dealer' for a very small amount, I feel that with the care I've given him he is worth a lot more than the measly £7.50 i paid for him and I am happy he is all safe and healthy and big (12 inches phwaar) now.

Has anyone else experienced this with a bad dealer?

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Bad dealers, owners, breeders, pet shops are everywhere...saddly I have experienced all of them. I have been banned from pet shops and have gotten into arguments at reptile expos. Sometimes I wish bearded dragons were not so popular. If less were available prices would be higher...it seems some people value the purchase more if its expensive.

Rie

Original Poster
Yes, the second i got him home i put him in his vivarium and he saw all the new CLEAN stuff i had gotten him he brightened up and started chomping all the food i had given him, hes been to the vet a few times and had to have an operation as he had a tiny metal ball in his hand from the breeder, now hes the best and hes grown so much and hes 100% tame and less thin. Hes at home now and I am so happy that hes active and i managed to clear his scales up from all that shed that was stuck. I just want to get the messages out there and I do not want the poor beardies to go through what Kuro did!
I think that Beardies NEED protected more and Pet stores should do home checks with EVERYONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom