Tex Jr

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I adopted a beardie named tex from my buddy when I was in highschool, he was about 5 when I got him and he lived another 4 years and then passed. I practically grew up with the guy so I was stoked to actually be able to take care of him for the last few years. He was like a second dog. Short story long I finally got out of the barracks and was finally able to get a pet so I was like "hell yeah I'm gonna get another beardie" obviously naming him was no hard task, Tex Jr. Is a couple month old leatherback with some pretty awesome colors, as soon as I figure out how to attach pics from my phone I will.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I switched to roaches for the same reason. I'll never look back. They are SO much easier to care for. That is a reasonable number of adults to start with so I'd imagine you'll get some offspring within a month or two. I started my colony with about 600 mixed sizes (no adults) and it took them 3-4 months to really get established. With adults it should happen more quickly. You may want to order some mixed sizes to add so that there isn't as much of a lag between generations.

Texsdad

Original Poster
I started a 10 day field training yesterday and my beautiful bride to be sent me a text saying that Tex's tail looked like it was about to shed again, like I said in a previous post, MASSIVE growth spurt. the other day when she was looking through my tote that I keep all his stuff in she found a second reptisun 10.0 and fixture. I told her that it was a spare just in case but what she doesn't know is that I'm picking up another beardie for her when I get back and that there's a half built enclosure in the garage. I feel bad because the beardie I have on hold at the pet store is a little bigger than Tex is (11-12") but will be staying in my 20L that I just moved Tex out of so that I don't stress him out on his 2nd move this week. I really am glad I decided to get back into dragons because I had truly forgotten how awesome of animals they are

Texsdad

Original Poster
So I'm looking at putting some scenery in Tex's home and I'm not a hug fan of the regular backdrop theme so I figured I'd set the dude up in style ;)

Texsdad

Original Poster
Picked up this little guy today. The fiancé was pretty happy.

Also picked up these. Fiancé: not so happy

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Nice addition to the family =). The roaches are a good call too. You'll be glad you have a colony started when both of them hit growth spurts.

Texsdad

Original Poster
Here's the FNG (not named yet, he's Des's so... Go figure right?)

Old man coming out of the cave in the morning

Poor little Tex in an intense shed, only took him like 3 hours to shed head and body once it broke

Tex's crib

And I like seeing how big he's gotten... Crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom