My male is inactive and sluggish!! PLS HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staindy6

Hi

I have a bearded dragon male, he is about 1 year and 9 months old, i got him when he was one year and his previous owners probably never gave him enough calcium so he has a deformed front foot, but that isnt the problem, he is not active, he doesnt poop and rarely eats! i took him to a vet today and they said he is in good condition, no blockage or anything! what could be the problem with him! he lives wit a female who is active, alert and full of energy!

I hav a reptiglo 10.0 UVB, 75w basking lamp, the cage is a 1m by 1m and 900mm high, i feed them mealworms, crickets, waxworms, veggies. my substrate is playsand, everything according to the book! i give them baths once a week in warm water! they havent mated yet, well i dunno if they have!

Please can someone help me, i dont know wat else to do!!!!!

Guys c'mon, we all here are beardie lovers, some replies would be appreciated and help welcomed!!
I need to get ur insight so i can know what to do!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, I would change out the Reptiglo 10 first & foremost. The light is not very good & does not have very good UVB emissions & it puts out low wavelength UVB which is not safe.
Your female for some reason, is not being affected yet, but she might become affected later on without being exposed to good quality UVB.
I would get the Reptisun 10 flourescent tube bulb for better UVB exposure.
Could she be eating more of the food than him, perhaps? Is she bullying him?
That is a bit on the small side to house 2 adult dragons. They really need a 6 foot tank, to house them both.

Tracie

Staindy6

Original Poster
thanks for the reply.

i'm gonna change the UVB to a reptisun 10 soon, and the tank is big enough for both of them, there is alot of room for them to move around!

I feed them seperately so there is no issues about one is eating more than the other. i thought it was the UVB bulb, cos i heard alot of it before and feel so ANGERED at the petshops who still sells it, cos when i bought it the lady said its perfect for the cage cos if u go lower than 10.0 it doesnt work so good, and the "Repti-Glo" is the best on the market, seeing as she sells reptiles and goodies I thought she was right! I had that UVB in for almost 3 months, she wont change it now, or must i persuade her???

ok now i really see how this place works, cos i'm a new guy seeking help you guys wont help me? thats really lame you know, i'll rather register on another forum where the ppl will be more helpful!

this migth help :

How old is your dragon? He is about 1 year and 9 months old
How long have you had your dragon? 9 months, he was a rescue dragon
How long is your dragon? he is about 49cm long, head to tip of tail
What is the sex of your dragon? male
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in? the correct size is 1.3m by 1.3m and 900mm high
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? playsand
Do you use UVB lights? yes of course
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb? fluorescent tube
How old is your UVB bulb? 3 months
How close can your dragon get to the UVB? approx 12cm
What are the basking temps? +- 37 - 40 *C
What is the cool side temp? +- 20 - 26 *C
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun? Digital thermometer with probe
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps? I put the probe on the basking rock
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad? No
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific. Leaves (malberry leaves), carrots, squish, mealworms, crickets, etc
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)? Everyday in the evening
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc? yes.
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them? I dont know the brand but its the best in my country, 3 times a week
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)?um no
Do you bath your dragon? How often? i bath him and her every week
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath? yes i mist them and offer water
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon? yes a female
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done? yes, there is absolutely nothing wrong with him.

So hopefully ppl can be more helpful now with this onfo i gave!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom