Suspected constipation or maybe worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm sorry this happened to your girl. I know you said you had no $$ for a vet but this was and is more of an emergency. Some animals survive poisoning but others don't. Activated charcoal might still help if you can get some in to her. Hopefully she vomited most of the flower up but I'd still be worried.

Gada

Original Poster
AHBD":1pmdu7y3 said:
I'm sorry this happened to your girl. I know you said you had no $$ for a vet but this was and is more of an emergency. Some animals survive poisoning but others don't. Activated charcoal might still help if you can get some in to her. Hopefully she vomited most of the flower up but I'd still be worried.

I’d love to hit up a vet more than just leaving it up to chance she doesn’t deserve this I was stupid and gave her the flower. Her walking has gone back to normal and she’s no longer clenching her arms and legs. Still won’t eat but has gone back to normal binky mode behavior. She hated me giving her water but never threw it up. Majority of the flower was thrown up. I’m scared now this will keep her from wanting to eating again and she’ll die from that. Force fed not even a spoon full of apple sauce tho. Poor girl won’t even take a strawberry which are her favorites. She only locks eyes on it like she wants it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So sorry she is going through this, it is unfortunate. I agree, if at all possible, treat her
with some activated charcoal to help detoxify. Or, if you have some parsley, cilantro,
mint, oregano & basil blended up & given daily to help detoxify her system, too.
Are you keeping her a little warmer overnight, to just for helping boost her system?
I hope that she starts to feel better soon.

Tracie

Gada

Original Poster
Drache613":2plk8bum said:
Hello,

So sorry she is going through this, it is unfortunate. I agree, if at all possible, treat her
with some activated charcoal to help detoxify. Or, if you have some parsley, cilantro,
mint, oregano & basil blended up & given daily to help detoxify her system, too.
Are you keeping her a little warmer overnight, to just for helping boost her system?
I hope that she starts to feel better soon.

Tracie
Yes I switched out the basking for a night head bulb because I was scared getting cold might have a bad reaction

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What night heat bulb? Is it a colored one? If so please don't use it - it will keep her up all night- they are bad on the eyes - please get a che ceramic heat emitter--- they produce heat and no light- you will need a dome w/ a ceramic socket

Gada

Original Poster
KarrieRee":dowfj8cn said:
What night heat bulb? Is it a colored one? If so please don't use it - it will keep her up all night- they are bad on the eyes - please get a che ceramic heat emitter--- they produce heat and no light- you will need a dome w/ a ceramic socket
It is a ceramic heater! It’s rather strong so I don’t have it on the whole night but she sleeps under the platform so I don’t bother her opening the enclosure and I had a dome not with me tho but it seems to be heating just fine.

Gada

Original Poster
Gada":3egxaz9b said:
So My baby binky is about 7 or 8 years old a very calm loving chill girl. I’ve never had actual problems in the past with her and her set up is perfect diet could be better but money was the problem now everything is right as rain. Other than the fact when I moved she hasn’t pooped she’s done small poops every day for about let’s say two weeks but when I moved to the second house my current place I’m in. She has been acting very weird been here about a week and only yesterday did her beard turn black. Her beard has NEVER turned black even when angry. I gave her a flower before this and she ate it up the flower was suspected to be completely safe and I still don’t know exactly what it is. She threw up when I gave her outside sunlight and started to act better. This lead me to believe it was constipation OR toxic flower as she only eats appropriate beardy approved foods. I can get a pic of the flower. I gave her extra virgin olive oil and a nice warm soak and massage. SHE FINALLY POOPED. after straining and struggling in the soak. Now currently as I type her beard is still black and she’s clinching her back legs to the point they won’t move and her lower stomach. Is there still poop in there? What do I do hit her with another olive oil and soak when she’s not as stressed? I forgot to add in that her beard only gets black when it’s massaging her belly or when she was pooping. Her beard always goes back to normal bright orange. She was walking very funny her arms and legs straining and curving in when she walked. Now they have been more relaxed except the back legs. Her throw up was flowers and blue berries and one horned worm. Now she won’t eat but definitely looks at it and does the locking eyes on the food. Any tips vet is outta the question I can’t afford it one bit I literally can’t pay for it. But she’s improving I’ve made progress in diagnosing the issue just wanted others opinions. I hate to see her so stressed she’s never been like this it freak me out
Edit: she does relax her legs when I don’t move her and when I pull her leg out SLOWLY and massage it because I’m scared she’s strain too much and it’ll hurt her more her beard is no longer black but still doing the clinching lower stomach and back legs

To all those who will see this my lizard is fine she’s eating and running and sun basking and drinking water again thank y’all so much! I’m bad with user names and remembering them but thank you to anyone who helped me. Put my mind at some ease that I knew what it was. She’s eating slowly but her color is fully back and she’s so active even pooped! Love yall

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm really glad to hear that, good for you and for binky ! :) Be careful of flowers , most are non toxic but when in doubt, leave it out. Dandelions are fine, so is hibiscus, nasturtium and impatiens. Thanks for the update !

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is perfectly fine to use a ceramic heat emitter for her, overnight right now. It sounds
like she is feeling a lot better now, so she should start to get back to normal now.
I am glad she has pulled through, bless her! :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom