Baby bearded dragon color change. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zbaby42

Original Poster
reptilez12":3o0nj2wr said:
Zbaby42":3o0nj2wr said:
reptilez12":3o0nj2wr said:
I recommend reading https://totalbeardeddragon.com/bearded-dragon-stress-marks/, as it shows many reasons and ways to rid of stress marks. It also states that babies are known for keeping them until adulthood from just one small thing causing them stress, though this is not for 100% of babies. I still would get that UVB light upgraded, as it can later affect appetite and health as well.
So sometimes they have them until adulthood? I’ve watched videos on YouTube and videos of bearded dragons and noticed some adults have the same marks even when they are calm like my bearded dragon has.
Only some, and even though they are calm, that doesn't mean they aren't feeling the stress of something.
This is a picture of him and his leg stretching out and sometimes he’s doing the same thing with both legs.
107738-9765664455.jpg

This is a picture of him and his leg stretching out and sometimes he’s doing the same thing with both legs.
107738-9765664455.jpg
This is completely normal behavior, just stretching his legs out :)

Zbaby42

Original Poster
reptilez12":22dx936p said:
KarrieRee":22dx936p said:
That's the sexy leg look
Karrie
Indeed 8) :lol:
I got him out and just let him on my stomach while laying down and his eyes started to look normal again. And also do you see anything wrong with his enclosure that can be stressing him?
107738-7675144695.jpg

What is the humidity level? Yes, that UVB needs to change, especially being on the mesh. The Reptisun T5 HO 10.0 light will suffice and make up for the 30% absorbent from the mesh. How big is this terrarium?

Zbaby42

Original Poster
reptilez12":3dssjk5i said:
What is the humidity level? Yes, that UVB needs to change, especially being on the mesh. The Reptisun T5 HO 10.0 light will suffice and make up for the 30% absorbent from the mesh. How big is this terrarium?
It’s 20 gallon. Then when he gets bigger I’m getting a bigger tank and the humidity gets from 20 to 50. His basking spot is 100 to 110

Alright well as soon as you get the UVB upgraded, if you decide to, let me know and we can see from there. Of course, there is still the possibility that they are just going to stay there until adulthood. Just monitor his behavior and as long as he is still active and alert, he should be just fine!

Zbaby42

Original Poster
reptilez12":24kjuk85 said:
Alright well as soon as you get the UVB upgraded, if you decide to, let me know and we can see from there. Of course, there is still the possibility that they are just going to stay there until adulthood. Just monitor his behavior and as long as he is still active and alert, he should be just fine!
Thank you so much. I’ve been holding him today and he fell asleep on my hand and the marks has gone away and his natural color has came back ?thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom