HELP my beardies mouth wont shut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaysha777

Ok so my mom called me and said she came home and my cat was sitting in drogo’s tank and he was obviously scared so he was puffed up and had his mouth open and beard out but it’s been 2 hours and his mouth won’t fully shut all the way it’s slightly open and when I pet his beard his mouth is like limp and I wanted to know if he could have hurt it from having it open for so long or maybe opened it to wide. He also hasn’t eaten after that which it was only a little while ago but he is a big eater so I’m worried his jaw is hurt maybe and that’s why he won’t eat

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If it's still like this tomorrow I think Xrays will be in order, I'd book him in to nearest reptile vet for this afternoon or tomorrow , this way if he manages to close his mouth properly and is feeding normally it's easy to simply call the vet's office and cancel the appointment, but if he's not able to, you will have the appointment lined up already and can get him in for the vet to take xrays and examine him to determine the extent of his injuries and the best way to handle this.

Alaysha777

Original Poster
I don’t know if this is how you reply to a reply this is my first time using this site but yeah I was definitely planning on going to the vet I just wanted to know if it was like a after shock or something along those lines

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
On a side note CAT PROOF your enclosure or the room it is in, the cat will return to finish the job (now that it knows how to enter it).

Batrist

In regards to the "Cat Proofing" I highly advise it, we had a similar problem, I don't actually think my cat ever intended to harm our Beardi "Yosh" but our Cat LOVES them heat lamps lol. She likes that basking spot so much I've considered making her one of her own elsewhere. Anyway, In moment of pure genious, while wondering the hardware store trying to find a "Cat Proof" solution that would still allow airflow to Yosh's tank I stumbled upon that metal shelving you can install in closets. It's perfect. Now depending on your technical expertise you can do this simple or a little fancy, I went simple but fancied it up later because I could. I got the deapest shelf I could and simply cut it about a quarter inch longer then my tank is wide. It's not quiet as deep as the tank, but my cat hasn't figured out the back part is mesh as well as the lighting both above the and below the tank is mounted there so she seems to stay off, we also keep out cricket keeper there to benifit from the warmth so she leaves the back portion alone. But the front was left with a full metal grill she couldn't possibly get threw. As for being fancy, I have a couple welder friends, so I had another portion of shelf welded to the back with the same bent lip the front comes with, and openings for the lighting so it's not obstructed. Nice and sturdy, perfect fit and although we still try and keep the cat out of the room as not to traumatise Yosh, if my son does forget the door open, she can sit up top and enjoy his radient heat all day without any risk of physical harm. Sorry no picutes at the moment but this is the shelving I refer to. You can hand cut it with Bolt cutters if need be, it's really that simple.
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.linen-shelf-16-inch-x12-feet.1000410101.html

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Cat knows the dragon is there and will try to get at it again . So the cat must be banished from the room the bearded dragon's tank is in and never allowed access to the same room the dragon has access to.
>> either lock the cat in a cat - cage
or
>> lock it in an escape proof room
or
>> get rid of the cat (if you want to keep a dragon), the best option IMO..

Cats are stubborn and very sneaky and you will have to be vigilant and super obsessive about making sure the cat is kept away from the dragon from now on.

There are two ways to cat proof a screen topped top opening tank :
Option 1 : viewtopic.php?f=75&t=240221&p=1840683#p1840683
Option 2 (the better option for an existing glass tank) viewtopic.php?f=34&t=244922&p=1863668#p1863668

Rony

kingofnobbys":2pw956dv said:
Cat knows the dragon is there and will try to get at it again . So the cat must be banished from the room the bearded dragon's tank is in and never allowed access to the same room the dragon has access to.
>> either lock the cat in a cat - cage
or
>> lock it in an escape proof room
or
>> get rid of the cat (if you want to keep a dragon), the best option IMO..

Cats are stubborn and very sneaky and you will have to be vigilant and super obsessive about making sure the cat is kept away from the dragon from now on.

There are two ways to cat proof a screen topped top opening tank :
Option 1 : viewtopic.php?f=75&t=240221&p=1840683#p1840683
Option 2 (the better option for an existing glass tank) viewtopic.php?f=34&t=244922&p=1863668#p1863668

Hello. I’m not who did this post, but I don’t think anyone would want to get rid of their pet. We don’t either want to lock an animal in a small space. Probably ban the cat from that specific room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom