Almost drowned???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my baby Beardie in the tub while watching him he puffed up to float around but then closed his eyes and stopped moving. I immediately yanked him out of the tub and he didn’t move or breath for about 3 seconds then he started breathing normally and running around. He’s laying on me rn did he almost drown?????

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
Well, if you were watching him and the water was shallow enough, I would say he probably was not about to drown. One of my dragons, does this almost every time she is in the bath. She puffs up to float and will fall asleep, if I do not prop her head up she would probably drown herself cause she will not move. So I think your guy will be fine, but watch this, as if he is anything like mine this will happen a lot. She will actually stay puffed up until I remove her from the bath, just like yours, breath heavy for a few seconds, and then be fine.

I have used a plastic bottle as a float or a towel or my hand in some cases to keep her head above water. No sure why she does this, but it happens, and is normal.

Calciferthedragon

Original Poster
bayoupig5":2rzwzt2j said:
Well, if you were watching him and the water was shallow enough, I would say he probably was not about to drown. One of my dragons, does this almost every time she is in the bath. She puffs up to float and will fall asleep, if I do not prop her head up she would probably drown herself cause she will not move. So I think your guy will be fine, but watch this, as if he is anything like mine this will happen a lot. She will actually stay puffed up until I remove her from the bath, just like yours, breath heavy for a few seconds, and then be fine.

I have used a plastic bottle as a float or a towel or my hand in some cases to keep her head above water. No sure why she does this, but it happens, and is normal.
Thank you! He scared the crap out of me

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, baby was just becoming it's own flotation device. :) Something to remember is that beardies, especially babies, don't need regular baths unless they get dirty. I raised lots of babies + used the spray bottle method for hydration. In nature they would get their hydration from food and dew in the morning for the most part. Baths can be a bit dangerous at times so in the long run it's best to only soak a beardie once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom