Info needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys ! So I went on a business trip for almost a month & I had left someone in charge of my beardies that I trusted because she had reptiles too , when I come back one of my beardies Zella died she was a orange leatherback the saddest part is I saw her take her last breaths, I don’t know what happened to her she kept opening her mouth for a second & then it would close back half way and it look like she had black puffy under eyes, I can’t figure out what happened & it was too late to take her to a vet. My care taker explained to me what she did while I was gone & it seemed to me like she did everything right but she did mention shaking out some crickets that managed to get inside a tree deco. & they were all alive & Zella ran after them before her getting sick , im so confused. Does anyone know what could have gone wrong?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sorry to hear this. If the caretaker's routine sounded normal then it may have been something sudden like a stroke or heart attack perhaps. It's not necessarily something that was done or preventable. It's hard to say without a necropsy, but I'd guess it was just a natural problem/bad luck. =(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry this happened to your girl, Zella. :cry: Since she was a leatherback, they are from
somewhat inbred stock, which unfortunately does affect their long term health. It sounds like
everything was correct. I don't think the crickets are the cause though, but just bad rotten luck.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom