Gray Barnacle grown on my beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh dear, that does look like some type of bite, probably a cricket.
It is so easy for one escapee to bite them during the night when they are sleeping.
You can get some antibiotic ointment or some raw, unpasteurized honey to put on it right now.
It looks like it may be a little infected. Has it affected his appetite any?

Tracie

jaxbeardie

Original Poster
No, it has not affected his appetite he is still eating on his normal schedule except he ate his salad once and even before the bite he didn't eat many greens. Do u have any tips? I put a little bit of neosporin on it each day and it seems to be shrinking a little bit and it trend purple which I'm not sure is a good thing

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
In a small bowl , boiled tap water at about 35degC , add some Betadiene a few drops at a time until the water takes on a weak tea colour.
Soak a bit of cotton bud in this and wash / bath the open wound with the diluted betadiene , do this each day until the wound has healed and is no long open.

jaxbeardie

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":19q4k4p9 said:
In a small bowl , boiled tap water at about 35degC , add some Betadiene a few drops at a time until the water takes on a weak tea colour.
Soak a bit of cotton bud in this and wash / bath the open wound with the diluted betadiene , do this each day until the wound has healed and is no long open.
Alright I will try it out but the neosporin that I applied is working so, I'm still going to try it

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
jaxbeardie":m6usti4v said:
kingofnobbys":m6usti4v said:
Alright I will try it out but the neosporin that I applied is working so, I'm still going to try it

Glad he seems to be on the mend.

I suggested that as part of treatment because I know it will help and will be beneficial in preventing an open wound from becoming reinfected and helps remove biofilms formed by bacteria.

I did this for Lucky (rescue) who I rescued when he was being attacked by nextdoor's cat, he had an injured eye and a bite / claw injury to his outer mouth (lost the eye, and he had a broken lower jaw)
Also did the same for George when Mildred bit him on his head and took off a scale and left a nasty open wound.
Also treated Wriggles' (rescue) back lacerations from the whippersnipper cord.
And Puff's sore eye when somehow damaged it.

The visiting nurses did the same to my leg ulcers (1 part betadiene to 4 parts water socked swabs for 15 minutes 2x a week before redressing the ulcers).

Also applied Manuka honey a couple of times a day to their injuries.

Lucky and Wriggles were on antibiotics prescribed by the vet too. The vet was the one who first suggested weak dilute luke warm betadiene soaks to me.

Anything you can do that will avoid an injury from turning nasty has got to help.

jaxbeardie

Original Poster
\
kingofnobbys":2e46glj7 said:
jaxbeardie":2e46glj7 said:
kingofnobbys":2e46glj7 said:

I suggested that as part of treatment because I know it will help and will be beneficial in preventing an open wound from becoming reinfected and helps remove biofilms formed by bacteria.

I did this for Lucky (rescue) who I rescued when he was being attacked by nextdoor's cat, he had an injured eye and a bite / claw injury to his outer mouth (lost the eye, and he had a broken lower jaw)
Also did the same for George when Mildred bit him on his head and took off a scale and left a nasty open wound.

The visiting nurses did the same to my leg ulcers (1 part betadiene to 4 parts water socked swabs for 15 minutes 2x a week before redressing the ulcers).

Lucky and Wriggles were on antibiotics prescribed by the vet too. The vet was the one who first suggested weak dilute luke warm betadiene soaks to me.

Anything you can do that will avoid an injury from turning nasty has got to help.
His wound is mainly all gone I didn't end up using that method because it was already gone after 2 days of Neosporin now he is looking fine

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Good to hear ! Probably was just an insect bite but that's great that it's healing so nicely. :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
jaxbeardie":2jvlezsh said:
\
kingofnobbys":2jvlezsh said:
jaxbeardie":2jvlezsh said:
kingofnobbys":2jvlezsh said:

His wound is mainly all gone I didn't end up using that method because it was already gone after 2 days of Neosporin now he is looking fine

:) you'll know it for the future should you ever need it for another pet's injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom