Bearded dragon tail amputation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here have any expierience with getting their bearded dragons tail amputated? Mine had to get his amputated a little over a month ago due to a stuck shed, everything seemed like it was fine i have been doing everything exactly how the vet told me. But now it looks like the skin is getting tight all over again where it got cut off and the end of his tail has a bump on it, it just doesnt look rightt to me. I dropped almost 200$ to get it amputated and i dont have the money to keep getting stuff like this done every month to him does this look normal ? Should i take him back to the vet? I keep putting the silvadene cream they gave me on it but nothing seems to help. Any suggestions on what to do will help i just want this to be over and for him to be okay already
85633-1001835387.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there...I feel for you. :( Let me ask you, do you see how it's a bit thinner about 1/2 inch above the bare red area ? Is that how it was when the amputation was done or was that normal and has just begun to get skinny now ? I'm sorry to say that possibly needs amputated to slightly above that point.

By the way, do you have pics of the tail before the amputation ?

Trashboat69

Original Poster
85633-6730677038.jpg
85633-2974356734.jpg
85633-1719162348.jpg
85633-6432790775.jpg
85633-5138115012.jpg

That is what it looked like before the amputation it all just started getting tight again like it did before /: maybe he had a hard time shedding because of his tail healing or something? I just dont want to have to put him through that again if i dont have to :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom