Something TERRIBLE happened. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkennedy2

So i have (or had) 2 bearded dragons. One a hatchling and another about 3 months old. i had them in a 40 gal tank separated down the middle by a large piece of cardboard with a ring of packing tape at the top of it. I came home today and somehow the larger beardie got over the cardboard and ate the smaller one. I am SO UPSET. There is nothing i can do for the hatchling now but need i be concerned for the one that just ate a lizard? i can feel it in its stomach. Can i force a regurgitation? I am very worried about impaction. I dont want to lose both of them :(. Help!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so sorry....I can't imagine how terrible you feel ! Anyway....how big, lengthwise, is your 3 month old ? If he is over 12 inches, he may be fine.

Mariah94

Juvie Member
Wow, I am really sorry this happened. If I were you I'd be at the vet right now getting your beardie checked up. It's gonna be very difficult for him to digest the um, other beardie. I'm
Sorry about this, must be traumatizing.

Definitely get him to a vet ASAP

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just keep his temps. high [ normal high ] and see how he does. I don't know if a vet could induce vomiting, so I'm not sure to tell you either way. If you have a very good reptile vet, you might call them. But he may actually digest it just fine, or vomit it up. See if he looks distressed , and give some veg. oil , or baby food prunes tomorrow along with very warm bath. I'm just not sure at that size how it will go, hopefully he'll get through it.

bkennedy2

Original Poster
She does not appear stressed at all, she is very active, normal coloring. I just gave her a bath yesterday, i will give her another one tomorrow. How would i go about giving her veg oil?

bkennedy2

Original Poster
I just got off the phone with my reptile vet. They said that there is no immediate cause for alarm besides the loss of my hatchling :(, and to just watch and make sure she continues to poop and eat, and to give her a warm bath. She said to just monitor and if she stops eating or pooping then call them back to get in for an emergency visit.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K...as for giving veggie oil, use a needleless syringe, like from a drug store, and just a few drops.If you can't get him to open his mouth, try sliding the edge of a credit card in and VERY gently pry it open.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
I guess "Ooops." is the only sufficient answer.
On the plus side, beardies will often eat small lizards in the wild. I saw this in action in Australia - so there is a good chance the survivor will be just fine.

Suggest getting a second set up for any future reptiles though - they ARE clever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKFA
Top Bottom