New to Beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

adobee13

Thought I would say hello. I am new to the world of Beardies. I came across mine purely by accident. My boyfriend is a motorcycle fanatic and he found a rescue plea on a motorcycle forum. He got the BD for my birthday present.

When we went to pick him up I realized I had my work cut out for me. He was extremely dehydrated, thin, had not been handled in months (if at all) and his mouth was covered with stress sores.

I have owned iguanas and snakes in the past so I wasn't at a complete disadvantage but I have spent countless hours over the past 3 weeks doing research and pestering local pet stores and herp vets for advice.

We named him Tatsu. That is the Japanese word for dragon.

We moved him from a 20 gallon tank to a 55. Once he got used to the tile floor he became very active. You can't tell he has ever been neglected - except for the dislike of being held. He doesn't mind being touched as long as you don't hold him. I am working on that.

It is just a matter of time before he will look and act like a well loved beardie should.

Bianca

Juvie Member
Welcome to the forum and good for you for rescuing that beardie! he will be much happier with you. Any questions you may have, come on here and ask-- there are a lot of experienced beardie owners on this forum who will likely be able to answer most (if not all) of them.

glowgirl

welcomefish.gif

:p Hope you enjoy your time here honey ... AND ... WELL DONE YOU :wink:

Just be patient with your little darling ... before you know it she'll be jumping into your arm's shouting ' Cuddle's Mummy ' :lol:

If we can help in any way honey ... Remember we're only a click of the mouse away :wink:

Big Hug's ...... Glowgirl xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom