First time owner - lots of questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvel

11 inches a little small for 8 months. According to chart attached should be 13 inches. BUT I’m not saying chart is absolutely correct, but I just use as rough guide. I personally wouldn’t worry too much. Check Jaspers weight.

He’s s little dark, but again as expected due to a new environment. You might find Jasper color go brighter later on. He’s, climbing checking out the place, being active are all good signs.

Not eating much is as expected so don’t worry about that. Just keep us posted. Try live crickets, as they tend to favour this, and the movements often stimulates them to eat.

Sounds gross but check when he poops. Should have definitive shape with a white cap (white cap is urate indicating well hydrated). Again, if it’s runny, doesn’t necessarily mean parasites, could be related to stress of a new home.

101380-764253051.jpg

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
101427-4834025381.jpg
He ended up eating a lot, 30 canned grasshoppers , a bowl of rocket / mixed veges and pellets
He’s not pooped yet

Jasper’s viv won’t get to right temps , cool side is good at 25c but basking spot won’t get past 29.9 so I decided I’ve had enough trying to get it right and went and brought a reptile one fan heat light which I’ll put in when he’s asleep tonight
Ready to turn on in the morning
I’ll only use it during the day to get that hot spot up to a nicer amount , at the petstore today I got to see one goon and it was in same viv as mine and with a che same watt as mine - the two combined kept it perfect so it must be right for our temps in this area
I’m going to put it in the back corner of hot area as it doesn’t heat outward just downward so my 3d background will be safe. Then for the front of hot area ( by the glass) I have ordered a safety cage protector for his CHE to fit in so that that will be in his viv too and less dangerous with my toddlers
101427-7252272800.jpg

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So we have shared our lives with a beardie for a whole 9 days now and learnt a lot, researched heaps , cuddled him lots and thoroughly enjoyed this week!

Marlow ( decided to change to a unisex name on day 2 just incase) has changed dramatically over the 9days. He’s grown (at least an inch!) , shed , changed colour and really flourished in personality in just the 9days!

9days ago :
101427-6699712388.jpg
Yesterday :
101427-1629651427.jpg
Today:
101427-2986788298.jpg

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks I think I have the veges sorted now though
He’s daily eating rocket and green beans and then on top of that I switch between pumpkin , peas , carrot , Apple , blueberry - and I’ll add butternut squash when it’s in season here too

BG23

Hatchling Member
Ok few things here that you should consider changing, MOST important one is the day light heat bulb YES you're beardie needs a heat bulb that gives off light during the day if the enclosure drops below 65 degrees than yes use a CHE during the night if temps do not drop that low then shut off CHE. Now I use a 100w heat lamp and placed on one end for baking spot using a infrared heat gun the backing spot is at 100 degrees her cool end is at 75 to 80 and my uvb bulb is a reptisun 10.0 high output both these bulbs are set on timers for 12 hours on 12 hours off. Can you post a updated pic of you're enclosure please here's a pic to show you how I got my setup have had my little girl for 5 years and shes very healthy as you can see.
85583-9858219376.jpg

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Heaps has changed since this thread so no longer valid
I have a t5ho 12% Arcadia coming , a different basking bulb , and a bigger viv ( just because I want too not because anything is wrong with one I have as it’s a decent size for 9month old )
Until then though his temps are great now , I have a gradient and a infrared temp gun too
In New Zealand you have to have a che all day everyday as temps average about 12c in winter and average only around 20c and that’s the hottest part of the day usually and not everyday in summer either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom