Meet Steve!

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwalliesaur

Hello everyone!

I was directed to this forum by a close friend after I decided to adopt/rescue a beardie from a person on a Craigslist. His name is Steve (original name, I love it) and he lived in a garage.

Photo from text conversation with them:
89202-2888888796.jpg

He's at my house now and hopefully acclimating... He's still got a black beard ( which you can even see in the photo they sent me of him) and isn't moving around much or eating today. He ate yesterday and the night before when I picked him up.

According to his previous owners they only fed him "every other day or so" and usually "lettuce and carrots and crickets sometimes." He didn't have any lighting and they said they only used a baking light "in winter time."

We got him a reptisun 10.0 yesterday and a basking light they night we got him, some shelf liner and tile, and calcium/vitamin dusted crickets and mustard greens! He seemed to like them.

Steve seems like a sweet boy and doesn't mind being handled from the looks of it, and he even fell asleep on me last night after a soak.

I requested an appointment with a local herp vet to check up on him in general... If y'all have any suggestions I'd love to hear it!

89202-9627192015.jpg

New lights in his current tank. Looking to change that eventually. It's a 75g judging from measurements and Google.
89202-2292996859.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! I'm so glad he's found a happy home with you. You've made some great improvements for him and hopefully that will help him bounce back and be happy & healthy going forward. It looks like you have the basics covered but if you have any questions about his care please let us know. I look forward to hearing more about his progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom