Beardy Carriers

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirteenbday

Hello

I'm new, New to the site and also a beardy owner. We got Rex a month ago, he is a 2 year old male. Unfortunately we are at least the 3rd owners of him. The last owners got it for their son, the son got bored of him quick expecting a more energetic pet (they only had him 2 months, he was in a damp basement with no heating lamp, it had been broken, I have no ideal how long). Don't know where he was before. I got a beardy for our family because I think it would be good for my daughter (she has ADHD, that's why I got an adult), a pet to talk to and to learn how to control herself around. He has been helping her, with regulations such as his care (she is to switch his lights every morning and night). We made a leash for him and as the weather gets warmer we would like to take him out with us more. So I started designing carriers (the type that would be on your chest) for him after I could not find any online. Would there be a market for this? Can anyone tell me if there is models of such things out there? I checked Amazon/ebay/Etsy and found nothing.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad he found his way to a good home with you. As far as the carriers go, I haven't seen them but it sounds like something that would fit well on Etsy. Leashes are pretty popular for them so I'd think it's worth a shot making some harnesses for them.

thirteenbday

Original Poster
I was thinking of a clip or something similar to clip harness or leash. thank you I haven't thought of making a harness for it. I have seen 2 models of harnesses that seem popular the cord and material (like a vest/tank) Which do you think is better? We just made him one out of cord and ribbon, it doesn't look professional (it is pink ribbon with skulls), just make shift when we got him.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They seem to prefer the hip leashes rather than the chest ones. Less restrictive I think. The one I use is also just a DIY one made with parachute cord and some cloth that clips around my dragon's hip.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have been looking for a beardie carrier and the only thing I found was a small carrier for like a turtle small animal that would work for beardies -- I think it was on Chewy.com look there I have been all over as well -- I did find one a while back that had a place where you could put the warming packs on it and of course I cant find the site now -- go figure!

thirteenbday

Original Poster
I did consider a pouch for a warming mat, but decided against it, just in case of accident. it is a chest carrier (kind of a ergo baby carrier) so you body heat should be enough. I made a prototype this week, just to see if it would work, if Rex would like it. he seems to like it a lot, always a nice beige/orange beard, falls asleep and crawls out to see the world (clip on it for leash). he seems to be warm enough and liking the fresh air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom