New Dragon owner, very nervous...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuteBasilisk

Hello everyone, I am a new beardie owner, and I have to say, it's been an experience.

Sunshine is a cute little guy, but I am very worried that I have gotten him at too young an age, and I am unsuitable to care for him. As of now I have had him(not sure of gender, so I will stick to male) for almost 3 months, and he is about 12cm long. I had a very traumatic experience with him today as I was trying to bring him out for handling. Usually he is a little skitish, but fine. Today he managed to pin himself under a log and was squirming... Terrified me! I got him out immediatly, but now I think he is very stressed and has been hissing at me whenever I get too near... I'm in a bit of a panic and have no idea what to do! In all honesty, I am not sure if I am actually a good owner... I am worried that I don't have the time to spend with him due to my study schedule.

Any help with how to make Sunshine's life more comfortable would be amazing.

So far this community has offered up some fantastic advice, and I would dearly love some support now.

Thank you everybody,
CuteBasilisk

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Welcome to the wonderful world of bearded dragons a land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles and, worry! A magical realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon?, guess again.....you are now a slave, lol!

He just got spooked and ran! Is he walking, climbing and, eating normally? If so, he should be fine. They have a way of worrying us slaves to a frazzle. Hang in there and, keep us posted on any changes you might pick up on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom