Hi! My name is Ngarrange

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Ngarrange (Aborigine for bearded dragon) He is 9 months old and is a big boy. He measures at about 1 1/2 feet long and still growing. He loves his crickets and is insatiable. I also give him collard greens and once in a while a smoothy mix of bananas and papaya. He is kind of outgrowing his enclosure so I am having a new one constructed. I will post pics of that when it is done and he is moved in.
83503-7440982396.jpg
The picture on the left is of him when I first got him back in February. He was about 2 months old. The one on the right is of him a month or so ago.
83503-6766305347.jpg
This is of him in his enclosure
83503-9185169786.jpg
Him taking a bath
83503-9925960358.jpg
He is a bit annoyed at me for taking his picture when he was trying to sleep.
83503-5079077370.jpg
The drawing of his new enclosure. It will measure 5 1/2 feet long, 3 feet deep and 2 feet high. I am very excited.
Let me know if anyone is interested in seeing the new enclosure when it is done.

Virginiakay

Original Poster
LOl Mine isn't ... if it moves he is on it. And even if it doesn't move he is on it. If it has a scent he is on it lol. What are you feeding your guy?

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
Mystic loves crickets and super worms. I have switched from kale to collard & mustard greens. I try lots of different veggies, like squash. But he has never tried it. Banana he won't eat, use to like watermelon and blueberries.

Virginiakay

Original Poster
Do you give him cut up banana or do you puree it? I give Ngarrange a banana/papaya smoothie. He loves it. I keep it in the freezer and when its time to give him some I slice off a bit and let it thaw then feed it to him on a round flat lid. I have recently ordered a mini ice cube tray and I will be filling that with his smoothie next time so when I go to feed him it will be the perfect portion size.

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
That's a great idea, mini ice trays for smoothies. I just froze blueberries on a cookie sheet, then bag them. I think I will do something fresh veggies,purée them & freeze them. He used to like watermelon, but not eating that either.

Virginiakay

Original Poster
Ok well boys and girls it has begun. I finally got Ngarrange's new enclosure. The man who built it did a great job. Now it is in the final stages.
83503-7818381968.jpg
83503-8611757611.jpg
83503-1340594828.jpg
The first coat of water base clear varnish on the inside and red walnut on the outside. One more coat of the walnut and then I will cover the whole thing with another coat of the water based varnish. I have all the stuff to make his cave just haven't started that yet. Next paycheck I will be getting the false bottom and making a digging box for him and getting the backdrop. I found the coolest panoramic pic of Australia and going to get it blown up and put on the sides and back. I am very excited.

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
Looks like a greats start, can't wait to see it when's it's done. Ngrarrange is going to have a palace to run around in. My nieces beardie, Mystic has been hiding maybe brumate ting. This is all new to me, it hard to just let them sleep all day & night. He hiding in his log cave, so I lined it with a fleece blanket and put one on top, so he can escape from the light.
83443-1629200536.jpg

Virginiakay

Original Poster
Thanks its going to be a lot of hard work but so well worth it. Yeah he is 9 months and a foot and a half and is dwarfed inside this new enclosure. I cant wait till its finished. Your enclosure looks great too but I dont know if a fleece blanket is the way to go. Those fibers could get caught up in his claws. Look into getting a lizard carpet. Its made from recycled plastics and can be washed in the washing machine. They should make it big enough for your enclosure. I have two. One for use and one for backup. I wash mine in cold and let it hang dry. You may want to get him checked out if he sleeps all the time. My beardie is fully awake and alert during the day. I see you have plenty of lighting but do you have a UV bulb?

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
We have the green reptile carpet in the Exo terrarium 36"x18"x18", that's a popular one here in the states because of the front glass doors. The UVB is a T5 HO Repti Sun good product, which covers the length 36" on top. That was a great deal online for 50$ with the bulb. Seems like a lot of people recommend that one. Got a basking bulb and a red heat lamp, which I hear is no good. I have not seem mystic today, as I think he has started brumation/hibernation phase. I'm hoping he will be ok, not eating and hiding out. This weekend I will wake him for a bath. Hoping he will not hibernate too long.
83443-8560045948.jpg

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
I'm in Maryland, about 30 miles from Washington DC. I thought he was acting strange since the beginning of August. He got the new cage around the 3rd week of August, then switched his hammock to the other side, got him the new UVB light. So he has had a lot of change. The 40 gallon tank is maybe not as hot. I had also found that nice log cave, he seemed to like it from the start. I think he feels secure in there. So I got the digital thermometer & gun. I'm going to get some stronger bulbs and try those. This is all so hard trying to figure out what he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom