Basking light for hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonCompanion

Original Poster
Oh, boo. I got two, one for him and one for the new hatchlings. Not cheap.
Ill have to wait for payday to get the right one.
Thanks for the photo.
Tami

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's too bad. Can you return them?

If you can get the bulb down to be within maybe 4 or 5 inches of the baby, it will help give at least some UV, but they are really subpar bulbs. Getting the natural sunlight will be a big help.

Does the calcium you use have D3 in it?

-Brandon

DragonCompanion

Original Poster
I can do that.
Yes, b3
So glad i got something right. Lol
He's not shaking this morning, i hope he will be okay!

Oh, i didn't turn the ted lights on last night, and they all slept so good! Why do the kits put in red lights, if they not good for lizards???
Thanks again!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Because they make more money that way, DUH! Lol :wink:

Glad that you noticed them sleeping better. It makes a big difference.

-Brandon

DragonCompanion

Original Poster
Yes, my husband and i were quiet the site, sneaking around our house in the middle of the night with a tiny flashlight to check on the lizards. Lol.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well, it will depend on whether you get the reptisun t8 or the reptisun t5 HO bulb.

They both are flourescent bulbs, so they need to be in a florescent fixture. A T8 or a T5 fixture respectively.

How do you choose which t5 or t8? well you do that based off of how far your basking site is from the bulb, if it's going to be obstructed by the mesh, and if the fixture has a reflector.

Do you know about how close the basking site would be to the bulb? And if it will be sitting ontop of mesh or will it be unobstructed?

Here is a sticky to some info on lighting. It's a bit older, but still good info:
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=148006

-Brandon

DragonCompanion

Original Poster
Good news, i was able to get the correct light and fixture for the hatchlings. It cost a lot, so I'll get one set once a month. Need 4 more sets to have everyone coved. Lol
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom