easy low mess lay box

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Came across this elsewhere, so decided to copy and paste to share it with you guys.

Easy low-mess laybox - simply put, it's a small tub of coconut coir inside a larger tub.

The empty space beside the small tub is blocked off (in this case, with a cardbord box) during laying as shown below. This gives the girl extra room until she needs to lay, and also stops her from getting trapped at the bottom of the tub.

Once the girl has laid her eggs, remove whatever you used to block off the tub, and use this space to put the coir as you're digging for eggs.

Now you can just tip the contents of the big tub back into the small, replace the box, and your either ready for the next dragon, or you can put it away for next time. You may want to leave it open for a few days for the moisture to evaporate. When bone dry it takes around two litres of water to get it to a consistency that is suitable for the beardies to dig.

Either of these two products (or local equivalents) will do just nicely.

Brunnings Easy Wetta 9L Coir Peat Brick - Don't be put off by 'Potting Mix Additive' written on the packaging, it needs a second glance, it's stating that the Coir itself is ideal as a 'Potting Mix Additive'.
Brunnings 90L Easywetta Garden Soil Coir Block - If you need lots of the stuff.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Always good to have ideas for a laybox, people are always asking. :) You forgot to attach the pics though.

Here's my easy, no fuss laybox, I like sand or sand/ soil mix. I found that the coco fiber can actually stain the eggs sometimes.
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30026/full

It's about 20" Long, 13-14" Wide and 7-8" High and fits in most any tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom