I miss you, my Titan, Rest in Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found Titan in Jan/13, in the pet shop where I buy my bugs. He was about 4 months old, had been abandoned there by his owners, with a burned head & left side of his face. I knew the lady who ran the reptile room, so immediately asked her if I could hold him and this was our pattern until I was able to raise the funds to bring him home in Mar/13. I took him to my vet, he was treated for the burns. He ate ALOT, gained a lot of weight and was healthy and happy. Then in Sept I noticed a lesion on his left side of his body and took him back to the vet, he was treated for a bacterial infection over 3 weeks. Then I noticed that the rash was worse, so had a biopsy done & he was diagnosed with Yellow Fungus, almost always a fatal disease in dragons. So I got the meds he needed & started him on anti-fungal cream, plus supplements to strengthen his immune system. Mid November he shed his whole body & even though I continued the meds & supplements I thought we had a good chance of beating this terrible disease. He was fine for a couple of weeks, but when I took him back to the vet at the end of November, he'd lost 200g and was in a lot of pain, the disease was everywhere. On Dec 19 I took him to the vet for the last time and said goodbye to my sweet Titan. He was only 1 1/2 yrs old. Now he's over the Rainbow Bridge with Sweetie, Issy, Loish and Angel and all the other lost beardies, healthy and playing...that's how I always picture him.

Thanks Gina for making this tribute for him:

So here's Titan's story, from Mar/13 to Dec/13:
First day home:

First bath:

Waving at me:

Looking outside:

Better way to check out the food dish:

1st black beard:

No more baths!

Starting to puff his beard:

Growing a belly:

Showing off his black beard:

New type of blanket, under the newspaper!

Sleeping on me, on top of Gabriel (my 3 yr old)

"Crickets!!"

Need more food!

Thanks Mom:

Ate them all:

Sleeping on his rock pillow:

With Gabriel, in the flowers:

Outside, please:

Spiderman:

Looking at who's on the living room floor:

Snoozing on Mom with Rubio:

Another bath?

My brother, Gabriel

More food please:

Pretty flowers:

Sunning with Lonzo & Gabriel:

What's those?

Yummy, roaches:

Look at that belly!

New tree, makes a good pillow:

My tree:

Where are those crickets? Big beard:

On the ramp, watching TV:

Using his hide for the first time:

Thinking about eating more salad while resting:

Getting bigger:

Sleeping on his basking spot: Titan & Gabriel on the ramp:

With Gabriel at the top of the ramp:

Sleeping with Gabriel & Rubio on my bed

A year old:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom