UVI readings

Status
Not open for further replies.

linck24js

Whats everyone uvi readings at their basking site ?
With a 22" Arcadia 14% bulb mounted on top of a Zen habitat enclose and about 14" from basking spot I am at a reading of about 3 with the floor of enclosure at reading of 1.5.
Is 3 enough at basking spot ?

linck24js

Original Poster
Claudiusx":2jpcphin said:
You don't have a reflector on your fixture?

-Brandon

Yeah its a brand new Arcadia ProT5 fixture with a brand new bulb.
This is why i am asking about readings because I figured the 14% bulb would be putting out more.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It should be. As a test, try taking off the reflector and then measure and see what results you get.
And just to make sure, the reflector didn't have any protective plastic on it that you need to peel off?

-Brandon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Have you taken a reading without the mesh top in the way? Maybe the mesh is intercepting a lot of the UVB, though I would still expect the 14% w/reflector to put out more than that.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
CooperDragon":1ilnl271 said:
Have you taken a reading without the mesh top in the way? Maybe the mesh is intercepting a lot of the UVB, though I would still expect the 14% w/reflector to put out more than that.
Good thought, I didn't realize it was ontop of a screen.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom