Ants in enclosure, unknown source!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scouty

Recently I have built an enclosure for my dragon and everything went well. I had a temporary setup for him until I was able to get various things from outside cleaned thoroughly. I collected a large stick, and various rocks to stack. After a few days of these things being moved in, I noticed an ant running around. I figured an ant may have survived the washing, so I thought nothing of it and killed it. However this continued on for at least a month. I still have yet to find where these ants could be coming from. Today I sealed up any holes in the stick, took apart the stone structures, (the only thing i found in the structures were cowardly crickets from previous feedings, lol) and even checked the digging box. No ants found. I figured they were in the stick and I sealed them in their new grave. Again, I guess I was wrong. I saw ANOTHER ant walking around. I am so confused and I don't know what to do. I've checked everything. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to make sure these ants are eliminated? Any ideas would be appreciated :)

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Scouty":193fvueg said:
Recently I have built an enclosure for my dragon and everything went well. I had a temporary setup for him until I was able to get various things from outside cleaned thoroughly. I collected a large stick, and various rocks to stack. After a few days of these things being moved in, I noticed an ant running around. I figured an ant may have survived the washing, so I thought nothing of it and killed it. However this continued on for at least a month. I still have yet to find where these ants could be coming from. Today I sealed up any holes in the stick, took apart the stone structures, (the only thing i found in the structures were cowardly crickets from previous feedings, lol) and even checked the digging box. No ants found. I figured they were in the stick and I sealed them in their new grave. Again, I guess I was wrong. I saw ANOTHER ant walking around. I am so confused and I don't know what to do. I've checked everything. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to make sure these ants are eliminated? Any ideas would be appreciated :)
Spray everywhere you see them with a white vinegar and water mix to kill the ants Pheromone trails and then use Diatomaceous Earth spread it around the outside perimeter around your enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom