Setting Up a Beardie Playground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
I'd like to give Figment more time outside of his hab, as he's been getting restless in the evenings and doing a good bit of pacing and glass surfing. My problem is that there aren't many places in my house where a dragon can roam safely without getting under furniture and such. Has anyone had any luck setting up a beardie playpen of sorts? What does it look like, and how big is it? I'm thinking of getting one of those puppy playpens - the fabric collapsible sorts - but can't say that it would make a very enriching environment empty. Ideas?

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
ComicBookMama":2eduf8j6 said:
I'd like to give Figment more time outside of his hab, as he's been getting restless in the evenings and doing a good bit of pacing and glass surfing.
Is it darker outside his enclosure at this time of day than earlier? IOW, could he be seeing his reflection more easily in the evening than during the day, and that's riling him a bit?

Has anyone had any luck setting up a beardie playpen of sorts? What does it look like, and how big is it?
After a little googling, I think a puppy playpen would essentially be a second enclosure. I'd think more about enhancing the one he has now. YMMV

Right now, Z's enclosure is his rec center. When he get rambunctious (usually around mealtime) he climbs up the planters, darts in, out, & between the plants, behind the planters, up & down his basking rock... I also have some rocks I can rearrange into simple labyrinths/mazes he can explore.

That 5x2x2 is HUGE on him right now; I figured by the time he grows into it, he'll have slowed down a bit. We'll see--it's at least a year away.

I've seen some folks put a floor/level across the enclosure, essentially (near) doubling the square footage.
multiple level bearded dragon enclosure

I don't know what a beardie would consider "fun"... Cat toys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anastasiacolson
Top Bottom