What size UVB bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catzo

Im moving my little dragon from his 20g to a 46g bowfront (36x16x20) i had in the garage until I can build him a proper viv.

Wondering how long a UVB I need. I currently have a 22" reptisun 10.0 UVB fixture im using on his 20g and a 36" T5 fixture from when I had a planted aquarium in the 46g.
So of those two fixtures, the 22" and the 36"(34" bulb), what would be preferable? The 22 seems too small and the 36 is the full length of the tank. But maybe its not too small?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah as long as you create a gradient you can go with either. Is the 22'' a T5 as well? Those are enough in most cases because they create an even spread of UVB that's as long as an adult dragon to allow even basking. The 36'' is OK too just set it a little forward or backward in the tank so there is a gradient across the width of the tank but still a nice wide beam of UVB over the basking area.

Catzo

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1xklbkk6 said:
Yeah as long as you create a gradient you can go with either. Is the 22'' a T5 as well? Those are enough in most cases because they create an even spread of UVB that's as long as an adult dragon to allow even basking. The 36'' is OK too just set it a little forward or backward in the tank so there is a gradient across the width of the tank but still a nice wide beam of UVB over the basking area.

Ya the 22" is also a t5. I think im just going to stick with the 22" for now then because the fixture is small and sleek it wont be as hard to position under the screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom