Ceramic Heater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoy01

I need a reccomendation for a good ceramic heater? I got one off Amazon that barely does anything at all unless it's paired with a light source, temps are dropping and for now it's doing okay but by mid winter it'll drop to 30s or 20s at night so I need to start preparing now (she's a baby so Im pretty sure she's too young to burmate through the winter)

ulintze29

You are correct, your beardie won't brumate before she is an adult. Which brand/wattage CHE did you purchase, and how large of an enclosure are you attempting to heat?

Killjoy01

Original Poster
ulintze29":qnb7lynm said:
You are correct, your beardie won't brumate before she is an adult. Which brand/wattage CHE did you purchase, and how large of an enclosure are you attempting to heat?
I believe it is a 50 watt and it was Exo Terra. The tank she's currently in is 10 gal but within the next week she will be moved to a 60 or 70 gal. I know if it can't heat a 10 gal it won't do a thing for a 70.

ulintze29

Killjoy01":3u5hg600 said:
I believe it is a 50 watt and it was Exo Terra. The tank she's currently in is 10 gal but within the next week she will be moved to a 60 or 70 gal. I know if it can't heat a 10 gal it won't do a thing for a 70.

A 50 or 60 watt CHE should be plenty. I use a 60W CHE for my 180 gallon viv and it heats it just fine. What kind of temps are you trying to reach? You really only need it if your house temperate drops below 70 degrees at night.

Killjoy01

Original Poster
ulintze29":nskhfh51 said:
Killjoy01":nskhfh51 said:

A 50 or 60 watt CHE should be plenty. I use a 60W CHE for my 180 gallon viv and it heats it just fine. What kind of temps are you trying to reach? You really only need it if your house temperate drops below 70 degrees at night.
I'm just aiming to make her comfortable, in the morning when I feed her and give her water she's cold to the touch and I'm worried she will get sick overnight so I try to keep her at least room temp constantly, sorry if that's bad to do I'm not sure, I'm going off touch alone for a bit until I can replace the batteries in her thermometer but I'm hoping to keep it at a relatively comfortable temp

ulintze29

Killjoy01":1j2cwhek said:
I'm just aiming to make her comfortable, in the morning when I feed her and give her water she's cold to the touch and I'm worried she will get sick overnight so I try to keep her at least room temp constantly, sorry if that's bad to do I'm not sure, I'm going off touch alone for a bit until I can replace the batteries in her thermometer but I'm hoping to keep it at a relatively comfortable temp

I understand. I would spent $20 on an infrared thermometer, as they are the most accurate. Beardies need a temperature differential from day to night, so as long as the temperature in her tank doesn't drop below 70 degrees, she will be just fine!! :D

Killjoy01

Original Poster
ulintze29":2d9atym7 said:
Killjoy01":2d9atym7 said:

I understand. I would spent $20 on an infrared thermometer, as they are the most accurate. Beardies need a temperature differential from day to night, so as long as the temperature in her tank doesn't drop below 70 degrees, she will be just fine!! :D
Okay thank you so much! And yes we just updated from a stick on thermometer to a digital one we just need to get batteries for it :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom