Tile question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Hello everyone,
As you can see i have tile for his substrate, its cut shorter so no insects can get stuck all around. Was wondering if i can just leave it like it is? Or do i need to lay some liners?
92311-9787173634.jpg

92311-9903749744.jpg

Is it ok to leave it like it is without adding anything else? At first, i left the repticarpet on there and then laid the tile over it but it just got really messy and not to mention it got stinky quickly, not a fan of the carpet at all. Heck not even for my home :lol:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks very very similar to the tile I have. I leave it loose with enough space on one side so I can get my fingers in and lift the tile out and swap in fresh tile as needed and easily clean underneath it. I've found that the hard surface can be tough if they run around on it a lot so I have a fleece blanket covering the half where Darwin sleeps and he likes to burrow in it at night. It gives a bit of relief to his feet against the hard tile.

Garrus

I REALLY envy you being able to get tile which fit so perfectly. I'm using slate tile, but I had to have it cut to fit the enclosure I'm preparing for my as-yet-unnamed dragon (who I should have in a little over a week if things progress smoothly). That was not fun, especially when it turned out they cut the tiles wrong and I had to have them redone.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah there are a lot of good options available. The tile I use came in a 6 pack at Lowe's for around $10 as I recall. They cut the tiles for free. Due to the dimensions of the tank (18''x36''), two 18''x18'' tiles fit just about perfectly. They fit in a 40g breeder as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom