ReptiSun vs ReptiGlo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I separated my baby dragons and I thought my local store had ReptiSun 10.0 but they only had ReptiGlo. Is she ok to go until Saturday without a UVB light to be in her own enclosure? I will get one ordered tonight but it won't be here until Saturday. I want the ReptiSun 10.0 T5 one right because it sits on a screen? I thought my fixture was a 36" but most of the T5 bulbs I see are 34"? I'll measure when I get home. Hopefully it's a 34"

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think the ReptiGlo line is all T8 as well so they wouldn't fit a T5 fixture. Waiting a few days for a good bulb shouldn't pose any problem.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I have read some articles that say that the reptiglo bulbs use a frequency that is harmful to their eyes and don't put out anywhere near what your Dragon needs.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The ReptiSun bulbs are pretty high quality. There was an issue with some bulbs emitting harmful short wavelength UVB (below 290nm) but as far as I know that has been resolved in most of the major brands.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
CooperDragon":2441qpek said:
The ReptiSun bulbs are pretty high quality. There was an issue with some bulbs emitting harmful short wavelength UVB (below 290nm) but as far as I know that has been resolved in most of the major brands.
I meant to type reptiglo but somehow lost my mind, "I get this way at times". I have since corrected this..... Ooooooops!

Mybabybeardies

Original Poster
Ok. Thank you. Yes I looked it up and it said 34" for a 36" fixture. Now just waiting for them to get settled in and start eating!!

Mybabybeardies

Original Poster
Argh got my light and it won't work in my fixture so now I need a new hood. Off to the store tomorrow to look for one. If I can't find one locally I'll order it off Amazon and have it by Wednesday.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Mybabybeardies":37y6p0nn said:
Argh got my light and it won't work in my fixture so now I need a new hood. Off to the store tomorrow to look for one. If I can't find one locally I'll order it off Amazon and have it by Wednesday.
Call the number on the box and zoomed will ship you another one free. Same thing just happened to me last week,one is on the way.they were very nice about it. They didn't want the other one back either. The warnings say not to open it but today I dove into it and found some wires not connected. So now it works...good to be handy sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom