Vivarium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the favorite minimum is 4x2 but for a limited space could a 36"X18" be sufficient for the life of a dragon? It's a nearly new viv with front slider glass doors, all electric is run and it's completely ready; of just have to clean it and add our own accessories. The owners dragon passed after 11 years of living in this enclosure and he isn't getting a new one. Plus, it fits into my budget.

Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I use a 36''x18''x18'' tank and it works for an adult. I don't consider it ideal but it's not a problem if you provide plenty of time outside of the tank to run around and explore/exercise. If you can get one that size ready to go that fits your budget I'd jump on it and make modifications later if needed.

usmcfamily

Original Poster
CooperDragon":10bvcdhw said:
I use a 36''x18''x18'' tank and it works for an adult. I don't consider it ideal but it's not a problem if you provide plenty of time outside of the tank to run around and explore/exercise. If you can get one that size ready to go that fits your budget I'd jump on it and make modifications later if needed.

Thank you! You've been more than helpful.

GizmosGrammie

Hatchling Member
I use a 36x18x18 for my girl, just under a yr old & it seems more than sufficient for her. She is right at 16", I have no idea how much longer she'll get as her growth seems to have tapered off, at least no more huge growth spurts like when she was younger.

usmcfamily

Original Poster
GizmosGrammie":3b844x0m said:
I use a 36x18x18 for my girl, just under a yr old & it seems more than sufficient for her. She is right at 16", I have no idea how much longer she'll get as her growth seems to have tapered off, at least no more huge growth spurts like when she was younger.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom