New Squirrel Enclosure (Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished a new enclosure for our baby squirrel (dragons name) She started out in a 55 gallon tank, but always stayed under the heat lamp. This holds in the heat very well, and she is so much more active. It measures just under 2'x2'x4'. Temps are 114.8 on her basking rock, and 90 on the cool side.
P1250622.jpg

Cool Side
P1250623.jpg

Basking side. Never mind the thermometer, there is a digital probe through the side vent for a true reading.
P1250624.jpg

The whole thing.

AMHaak

Juvie Member
That is an good look tank, and dragon. I am in the process of building on right now. I hope mine looks as good. The only thing I would suggest is that the temps in the tanks maybe to high. Usually the basking spot should be at about 100*-110* and the cool side of the tank should be between 80*-85*. If it gets to hot in your tank your beardie will hide all the time. My temps use to be exactly the same as yours, and my beardie hated it, but all beardies are different.

babydragondaddy

Original Poster
perhaps that is why she never basks under the lamp. I think I will spread the fins, on the vents, open more to get the temp down. Thanks for the input and comment.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Very nice enclosure!

I do agree that the temps could come down just a tad, but other than that it looks great!

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
Hi ..Enclosure looks great!~...Question? I see two tubes up top and a housing for a basking lamp..I assume one tube is the UVB and the bulb in the black fixture is the basking bulb..what is the other tube for?

Also, you are measuring the temps with a stick on thermometer on the wall...if that is reading 110, I can assure you that right underneath that bulb on the basking spot it is probably close to 130 which is way too hot. try and get yourself a probe thermometer and place it directly on the basking spot or take a measurment with a temp gun.

EDIT..nevermind the second part about the thermometer..I just say the info under the pic.. :mrgreen:

babydragondaddy

Original Poster
jortiz9758":a3482 said:
Question? I see two tubes up top and a housing for a basking lamp..I assume one tube is the UVB and the bulb in the black fixture is the basking bulb..what is the other tube for?
I bought a fixture which reqires both bulbs in order to work, so it is just a standard fluoresent bulb. I could rewire it to work on one, but I like the additional light. The other basking light fixture has a low watt light with an on / off switch because the rest of the lights are on a timer, and sometimes, we are cuddling squirrel when her lights go off, and I need one on to place her in her cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom