Please rescue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody! I,ve been on this site for a while now and learned a great wealth of knowledge from all of its members! I am an avid Craigslist shopper and came upon a heart breaking site! Someone is trying to sell their beardie who looks beyond malnourished! I could be ver reacting but the pics to me look devastating! I am unable to rescue this lil one, but in hopes for it to have a chance I figured I would post the link on here for the possibility someone is willing and able to save its life!
Link:
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/for/3880006203.html
Thanks,
Valerie

Annalee

Juvie Member
That poor baby.... I often rescue beardies but I live in Missouri. I don't have any extra cash right now as I just took another one in but dear god I'd have you pick him up and ship him to me if I did, I wish I could help. He looks very skinny...

Valgal1124

Original Poster
I desperately wish I could! I don't live on my own... And currently still live at home with my parents and my mom has a phobia of all lizards and I've been begging her to allow me to get a beardie and explained it all to her but she refuses so I doubt I can... This is why I posted it on here I could possibly get it and ship him to somebody but at the same time wouldn't want to stress him out in the states he's in... I hope somebody can help and ease my broken heart and pained mind...

Horrible, I really wish I lived closer. There must be some reptile rescues or an LA area herp society to contact for help. I would advise against shipping a beardie in this bad of health.

I just sent an email to RARN (Reptile and Amphibian Rescue Network) which is located in Los Angeles asking if they can help or know of anyone in the area that can. I will post an update if they reply.

Seifer

I don't understand how people can think it's okay to treat these animals this way. Even if you never saw another bearded dragon in your life you should know that he/she doesn't look good at all.

Hope to see someone save him, wish I could!

Valgal1124

Original Poster
Thank you so much dragonbarbudo that means so much! I didn't know we had one in this area please keep me updated if there is anything they can do!

Adriana

Did you hear back from the reptile rescue yet? If they are unable to help, I may be able to rescue this little one. Would anyone be willing to save her from her current owner and drive her down to La Jolla (just north of San Diego)? I would cover her costs of course. I have a thriving Dubia colony and plenty of big fat Phoenix worms just waiting to be shared.

Adriana
(Mother of Spartacus)

Okay so I sent the rescue a message through their website and there was a delivery failure. I sent them a message on Facebook and also commented on their profile. I have gotten ZERO response. I know they use their Facebook as they have posted photos and stories about other rescued reptiles and events they have participated in the past few days. I even texted the person who has the beardie as the craigslist post instructed to do, but got no response. I just asked them if the beardie was still available. I don't know what more we can do. Has anyone else tried contacting the person with the little guy? It is hard not to chew them out but to not scare them away we need to hide our rage :angry5:

Adriana

I called the number this morning and left a very nice message for the person, asking if the dragon was still available, saying I was very interested in buying the dragon, and could they please call me back... no answer. :( If only I had called sooner...

Valgal1124

Original Poster
Thank you guys for your heart felt endeavors! I truly appreciate it and am kicking myself for not being able to get her myself! I hope one of you can get her and return her to a healthy state!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom