I know she's not a bd but need some herp help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDeac

Hatchling Member
ok i have a Chinese Water Dragon Named Emmy she's in a 55gal tank and ive been able to hold the humidity and what not very well the only thing im having a problem with is she keeps rubbing her noes on the glass it makes me nervous bc ive read cwd can develop problems with that any idea's on how to fix this (were i can still see into her tank???)

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Moved from Beardie Discussions>General to Other Reptile Discussioins>Water Dragons]

smilieone

you hAve to cover the glass.. make sure she cant see out... keep it up for a while soon she will stop.. also take her out mnore.. they love to be out running around thw house. mine will sit with me for hours..

TheDeac

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i do take her bout but since i just got her i dont wanna over stress her so we will really really really start working tomorrow

Morquinn

Gray-bearded Member
Well depending on the size of your dragon you will need a larger enclosure at some point. Aquariums arent suitable for WD's and do far better in custom made enclosures. The only advice I can give you is to cover up a good portion of the glass with something dark, but that might not even help. The only advantage you have right now is that its glass and not mesh or screen, which would cause problems faster with snout damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom