New Gecko vivs! + My 1st attempt at a planted viv!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jess

Extreme Poster
I decided to do some re-arranging, and it worked out so that I will have a little more space in my room, and everyone gets a bigger cage! Except for Dudley and my rabbit. It's physically impossible to give them anything bigger right now LOL!

Here are the leopard gecko's new tanks. They are 24x18x12 Exo Terras, that I got on sale for $68! It has the same floor space as a regular 40 gal tank. The backgrounds looked flimsy and I hated the color, so I repainted them and sealed them with silicone. So far it has held up well to Stella's Spider Gecko adventures.

Stella's viv:
DSC03109.jpg

Stanley's viv:
DSC03107.jpg

And I'm working on a planted viv for my crestie, Dexter. He won't be moved in for a while yet though.

29 gallon Tetrafauna viv:
DSC03145.jpg

Added the false bottom/drainage layer I made from plastic egg crate:
DSC03146.jpg

Rocks to disguise it:
DSC03147.jpg

A layer of sphagnum peat moss and fir tree fiber:
DSC03152.jpg

Plants, then coco fiber on top:
DSC03153.jpg

I added some drift wood, but I had to take it out today because it grew mold! :(
DSC03156.jpg

My African clawed frog's new 20 gal planted tank on top!
DSC03157.jpg

Dudley's viv is my next project... He got some new goodies too!
DSC03138.jpg

:mrgreen:

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks!

The crestie actually isn't moved in yet, I still have a little work to do on the new viv! In a month or two it should be ready. :D

Jrl6130

Hatchling Member
Oh wow. Are the plants growing nicely? I plan on getting either a crestie or garg next year and would love a planted tank. :) Stellas is so cute!!

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Yeah, they have all actually done well so far! I tend to be a plant serial killer so I am pleasantly surprised at this LOL.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Jess":32p82zvt said:
I decided to do some re-arranging, and it worked out so that I will have a little more space in my room

Jess, this is an achievement in and of itself. Hahaha.

The tank looks great, too bad about the drift wood though. What are you going to use in place of the driftwood?

-Brandon

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Oh, I know right. :roll: At this point, I'm a pro at cramming many large cages into a tiny space!

And there are a few different woods that actually don't rot or get moldy: Malaysian driftwood, mopani driftwood, and cork bark are all good for humid environments. The wood I had in there was just random drift wood I found a while ago that I was hoping would work!

So I think I'm going to go with some more cork bark, mopani wood, and then bendy vines and stuff. I'll make some ledges too to put his dishes on. It will be epic. :D

mommisgurl

Juvie Member
Wow,I'm jealous.! I would love to have all of those guys in nice and comfy enclosures like that xD Lucky guys.!

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
i LOVE you leopard gecko cage! i need to amke mine look good like that! right now mine is more functional that anything.... :blob5:

SpitFyre

Sub-Adult Member
It looks so good! :D
Darn you, lack of budget!!! :lol: (Actually, darn you lack of parents willing to take a ton of pets when college rolls around...) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom