New Crested Gecko :) Cinnamon

Status
Not open for further replies.

danmarie

Meet Cinnamon he/she is the only Crested Gecko at our house. Im not sure on if its a he or she and not sure how to tell. We have bearded dragons but I liked the way the Crested Gecko looked here are some pics of Cinnamon..
DSC01661.jpg

DSC01660.jpg

the set up :)
DSC01659.jpg

More pics of Cinnamon :)
DSC01658.jpg

DSC01656.jpg

DSC01655.jpg

DSC01662.jpg

danmarie

Original Poster
thank you. we got it at a local reptile show in indianapolis. yeah we like him very much liked the color very well. was also wondering if any of you have any luck with your cresties eating crickets. cinnamon doesnt seem to like them either that or hasnt figured out yet that they are a food source.

TerratheBeardie

Hatchling Member
I've only had Nova for (almost) a week,so I haven't really tried feeding crickets(Plus,the ones I do have are too big for him/her). However,I am trying Reptiworms ATM.

itserinx

Aw you're crested is absolutely adorable, I have one too! Mine actually looks very similar to yours but I call my little guy frogger, he is a super dalmation morph, when I got him he had little spots but now he's so spotted! But I wanted to tell you that I couldn't figure out what to feed my little buddy! Literally I tried crickets, meal worms(which can cause impaction from their hard exoskeletons so I immediately stopped), these pellets that I found out that weren't food for crested geckos that it was just named that, and then I started getting so frustrated so I looked alllll over the internet and found this ladies blog who breeded them and I emailed her and asked her what she thought and before she got back to me I was still surfing the internet to find that people were feeding their cresties BABY FOOD. I thought it was crazy untill I kept reading more people talking about it so I said to heck with it and tried it and he loved it so much I was feeding him off my finger and it was adorable but I have checked my email the next day and she said that it can actually shorten their life span, that the baby food has so much sugar and nutrients that it could kill them. The lady suggested the crested gecko diet from rapesheys, if I said it right, they can live off that for the rest of their lives but they would need the occasional crickets with the dusted calcium. But I couldn't find this gecko diet anywhere! I emailed her once again and she told me I could find such food at PETCO and it is about 8 or so dollars there, so if I were you, I would buy that before starting him off anything else. Hope I could help in some way :)

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
Cinnamon is very nice looking. Gratz on your first Crestie.
I give mine the Repashy CGD (Crested Gecko Diet) everyday, there is always some in their dish. I also give them calcium dusted crickets everyday, they love them. You should not be giving them baby food. Mealworms are fine for Geckos as a treat but not as a staple, they do not cause impaction. Make sure to spray the leaves and/or side of the glass so they can drink, they love to lick the water dropplets. Any questions, feel free to ask or PM I am more then happy to help out anyway I can.
100_2476.jpg

100_3186.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom