Raffle loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBenker

Hatchling Member
My daughter has been begging me for a leopard gecko, kept telling her that she would have to safe her money for a set-up first. Last night was the monthly Herp Society meeting and they always have a raffle at the end. Guess what we brought home:

Leo home by Karbitpoodles, on Flickr

A 10 gallon, custom decorated tank! I'm not sure about the sand in the bottom, that may have to go. Anyway, she's been saving her money, so paid me today to order her an under tank heater from amazon.com. It will be here on Saturday and the local breeder has 3 girls available for her to choose from.

We have a rock hide, food dishes, plenty of small dubia and micro & medium supers. Any pointers on the tank and care of a leo?

KBenker

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the link, that and the breeder have been very helpful. Only bad thing - that gorgeous tank we won wasn't going to work. I just don't feel comfortable with sand and the wall had been glued to the back, no way to remove it. The other option would have been to add almost 2 inches of sand, to create enough level surface for 2 hides and food/water dishes. Going to put the nice tank up for sale, however we had already committed to a gecko girl from a local breeder. Got a 10 gallon of craigslist, steamed it and installed tile and Cinder got to join our household today:

Cinder by Karbitpoodles, on Flickr

Dracosmommy

Juvie Member
KBenker":2zt5rzjh said:
Thanks for the link, that and the breeder have been very helpful. Only bad thing - that gorgeous tank we won wasn't going to work. I just don't feel comfortable with sand and the wall had been glued to the back, no way to remove it. The other option would have been to add almost 2 inches of sand, to create enough level surface for 2 hides and food/water dishes. Going to put the nice tank up for sale, however we had already committed to a gecko girl from a local breeder. Got a 10 gallon of craigslist, steamed it and installed tile and Cinder got to join our household today:

What a beautiful baby you have. Do you know what morph she is?? My gecko looks exactly the same. Here's a pic of my girl.
gecko003-1.jpg

I am trying to figure out what morph my little girl is. Her names Echo. I was guessing jungle or tangerine. Sure would be nice to know and when I saw your baby I almost fell off my chair. :mrgreen: I thought I was looking at Echo. Sorry not trying to hijack your thread, it just threw me when I saw your pictures and since you got yours from a breeder I thought you would know what morph. Just curious that's all!!

Dracosmommy

Juvie Member
KBenker":1gvevo78 said:
Cinder is a super hypo tangerine carrot tail baldy.

Echo is very cute!
Thank you so much. Does Cinder have clear nails with a stripe down the nail which would explain the 'hypo'? I am thinking hypo means they would have clear nails instead of black nails. Am I right, if I remember from reading some of the genetics post. :D I noticed Cinder also has the whitish feet like Echo. Too cute!! :mrgreen: Sorry for all the questions but what do you mean by super and baldy?

- Rosanne

KBenker

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Still trying to figure some of that out. I don't know what the super and the baldy stand for, that's is what the description of Cinder stated on the web-site.

Her nails are so tiny, can't tell you what color they are. We've only had Cinder for less than a week, though she's gentle and doesn't mind being held, I don't want to stress her by turning her upside down or trying to examine her toes.

KBenker

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for that great link!

Cinder is just great and has really made herself at home. She is so personable and curious, not shy at all. I think we got really lucky with this girl. She's also been eating like there's no tomorrow - she'll go through 15-20 small dubia twice a day. Not surprising, she did her first shedding this morning. What a contrast to the beardies, we were watching her just pull the skin off. Think I may need to soak her tomorrow, not all of her toes have completely shed. Here are a couple of pictures, after she was done:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom