How many dubias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone! I was thinking about switching Ziggy over to dubia roaches she is 7 almost 8 months now and I have no idea how many to feed her or how many to buy. Currently, I'm giving her 20 crickets in the morning with a salad and 20 crickets at night with a salad so a total of 40 crickets and 2 salads a day. Her salads consist of dark greens and fruit or another veggie. I'm just confused with the feedings still a little bit so any help is appreciated.

WinFam01

Juvie Member
We just started dubias a few weeks ago and are giving our 6 mo old about 10/day. I don't think it's enough though, so we're going to bump it up a bit.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He should eat as many in a 10-15 minute time frame but make sure hes eating his salads too NOT just bugs --- you can feed him worms as well for a balanced diet --- super horn butter and silk worms -- the silk worms are another staple feeder --- so w/ all that given to him he should have a balanced diet - if you need websites for worms let me know I will post them
Karrie

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1rpgu4yl said:
He should eat as many in a 10-15 minute time frame but make sure hes eating his salads too NOT just bugs --- you can feed him worms as well for a balanced diet --- super horn butter and silk worms -- the silk worms are another staple feeder --- so w/ all that given to him he should have a balanced diet - if you need websites for worms let me know I will post them
Karrie
That would be great what are so good websites? Is 2 salads enough?

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
WinFam01":1mjw3fxb said:
We just started dubias a few weeks ago and are giving our 6 mo old about 10/day. I don't think it's enough though, so we're going to bump it up a bit.
Thats good to know. My babygirl is a big eater and I was wondering a good number to feed her but I guess the 10 to 15 minutes of just eating however much she wants is a good idea.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
yes if shes eating them thats great --- the more greens the better she wont get fat on salads - she does need the protein too but its great shes eating that much-- :) I wish they all were that way
Karrie

WinFam01

Juvie Member
Maddy5150":uqakv51a said:
WinFam01":uqakv51a said:
Thats good to know. My babygirl is a big eater and I was wondering a good number to feed her but I guess the 10 to 15 minutes of just eating however much she wants is a good idea.
I just don't do that with ours because she will overeat.

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":2arvr8zw said:
yes if shes eating them thats great --- the more greens the better she wont get fat on salads - she does need the protein too but its great shes eating that much-- :) I wish they all were that way
Karrie
She just loves food so much lol! Her fav greens are kale and mustard greens she also really likes blueberries :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Limit the blueberries they are high in sugar and we dont want her to get diabetes-- all fruit should be fed occasionally since it has high sugar content- here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html have you offered her any type of worms?
Karrie

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1px94ti6 said:
Limit the blueberries they are high in sugar and we dont want her to get diabetes-- all fruit should be fed occasionally since it has high sugar content- here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html have you offered her any type of worms?
Karrie
I give her blueberries about 4 times a week only in one salad and to be honest she really does not like sweets so I guess that's good. Ive given her mealworms and hornworms as special treats. I have to say thankfully she's not picky with feeders.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok the 4 times a week is actually too much I would cut it down to once a week - you can give her butter worms super worms and silk worms - the silk are a good staple feeder - if you need websites to get them from let me know I can post some for you
Karrie

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":16ci1qsv said:
Ok the 4 times a week is actually too much I would cut it down to once a week - you can give her butter worms super worms and silk worms - the silk are a good staple feeder - if you need websites to get them from let me know I can post some for you
Karrie
Ok, that would be great thank you!

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":3bhom75r said:
http://www.dubiaroaches.com super horn butter worms-+ the horn are a good hydrating worm and they grow fast so order small amounts-
http://www.reptilianarts.com if you order in bulk like 50 make sure you get food too you will need to feed them and clean containers out daily
http://www.coastilsilkworms.com
http://www.mulberryfarms.com
Karrie
Thank you! I ordered dubias and until they get here I have supers and wax worms to feed her how many a day should I feed her of those worms until the Dubias arrive?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Wax worms very little- they are very fatty and if fed too much or too often can cause liver issues--- supers 1-3 per day-- feed her lots of salads till you get the dubias--- have you gotten her any silk worms? You can get her butter worms- they are a good worm to feed regularly - horn worms as well they are a good hydrating worm--
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom